Resolved Disable 2FA on my account?

itsfulloftuna

EGO Addict
=(e)=
Joined
Apr 29, 2015
Messages
1,168
Can I disble 2FA on my account for the website? I have TONS of issues with trying to get in. Something isn't set up correctly with it on the website. It'll tell me, after a fresh code, that it ran into a problem and my account is temp locked. But, if I keep hitting login over and over again, closing out that message, it'll eventually let me in. I'd just rather have it disabled for the time being. And, if it's telling me that on a fresh code, then it doesn't matter what I enter for OTC.
 
Last edited:
unfortunately eGOs and above are required to have 2FA, you can most likely make a contact leadership, to get it reset and have it set up using the google authenticator on your phone.

hope this helps
 
In other words,

You'd be asking to get hacked
If I'm putting in the same code after the otc token has expired, and then hitting submit over and over and it eventually works, then the system isn't working as well to prevent my login to work, should it be compromised.
 
unfortunately eGOs and above are required to have 2FA, you can most likely make a contact leadership, to get it reset and have it set up using the google authenticator on your phone.

hope this helps
That's the weird thing. I primarily use Duo for 2FA, but I do have MS and Google authenticators. Maybe resetting it will do the trick. But it's just scary that it's communicating in this fashion with Duo. Especially when I have others that don't exhibit this behavior.
 
Verify that cookies are not being blocked, this seems to be the most common issue for 2FA issues.
 
No. I had to remove and then readd it a few times to get it to work. But it's working better now. Every now and then, it wouldn't take the 2FA code on the first try, but, on the second try it works.

You can lock this thread.
 
Alright glad it's working better now. If something happens again feel free to make another Bug Report.

Thanks, closing
 
Back
Top