Delivered Dark/Night mode for the forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

rich

Poster
Joined
Sep 14, 2020
Messages
154
When you're sitting there gaming and you go to check out what's going on the forums all of a sudden you're met with a flashbang and are temporarily stunned. I say there should be a night mode on the forums so when I check what's happening on the forums I don't become blinded by the light.
man-face-illuminated-by-the-computer-monitor-light-picture-id1149031356
 
Upvote 0
this is something tech is working on implementing still !
 
This was something we've been requesting since day one of the new forums rollout. +100000000 of this.
They have said it was somewhere in the to do list; however it has been some time.

What I'm about to say has no negative connotation;
But I've worked with Xenforo;
They have inbuilt theming that is SUPER EASY to use. And EVEN IF there is some magical reason why that tool can't be used, there is still good ol CSS; Which with the inside information on all needed classes to theme, should be trivial to set up.

Funny story. I'VE DONE IT MYSELF ALREADY. I also posted my custom theme on the forums for all to use or modify. Wink wink nudge nudge.

Overall this is an amazing suggestion that really ought to be done soon. And all due respect to techs workload, sooner than eponym. One bored evening and it can be accomplished.
 
This is 100% must have i don't care when but we need it eventually
 
must need feature, i can only take so many flashbangs...
 
When you're sitting there gaming and you go to check out what's going on the forums all of a sudden you're met with a flashbang and are temporarily stunned. I say there should be a night mode on the forums so when I check what's happening on the forums I don't become blinded by the light.
man-face-illuminated-by-the-computer-monitor-light-picture-id1149031356
There is a chrome extension called Dark Reader. I use it for the forums, and It looks amazing! I would recommend it.
 
There is a chrome extension called Dark Reader. I use it for the forums, and It looks amazing! I would recommend it.
I have something similar(Dare I say the same) on firefox for mobile. It looks REALLY GOOD, better than the theme I made.
However, the ability to take this to a third party doesn't really excuse having the default Xenforo theme still. At the very least we should be better at utilizing the assets at hand and have an eGO theme, but dark theme plz.......
 
My eyes burning is definitely a priority issue.
 
https://userstyles.org/

this addon ( Stylish) allows you to tattoo your browser. Since most browser nowadays runs on Chromium you can use this with Opera/Vivaldi, I heavily rec you vivaldi is so underrated and is extremely user friendly and is what the first opera conception was, a perfect web browser. I use it on my phone/computer, even my husband does and we had no issues.
 
This wasn't really a top priority thing to add is why it took so long to get around to it
Not really, it was a simple thing that everyone wanted. It took nolyn embarrassing them with his plug in to actually motivate them to make it finally.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top