Delivered [Forums] Applications List Page

Luffy

Join Member Services
=(eGO)=
Joined
Jun 23, 2018
Messages
2,469
Applications on edgegamers are spread out throughout the website. They can sometimes only be found by clicking on a certain channel on TeamSpeak (media) and are done by messaging on discord. I'm suggesting today is a subforum for applications where every team in edgegamers with an application for something can be put into one spot instead of being spread out.

Here is an example, excuse my poor photoshop skills.
1616897232666.png


i would like to see your feedback/input
 
Upvote 13
Yeah, I just do not like Community Assists, it doesn't role off the tongue well, Community Specialists does because it's the applications for the specialist teams. I don't know.
What about just Applications Central? It'll just be open to people who are already members anyway so it wouldn't cause confusion there (or at least it shouldn't).
 
What about just Applications Central? It'll just be open to people who are already members anyway so it wouldn't cause confusion there (or at least it shouldn't).
That's certainly better
 
Alright, any objections to a new forum called Application Central where all teams (AT, EC, MS, GTA stuffz, MT, server specialist, etc.) can post their applications and how to apply? This forum will be e+, and no replies will be allowed for non-leadership.
 
Alright, any objections to a new forum called Application Central where all teams (AT, EC, MS, GTA stuffz, MT, server specialist, etc.) can post their applications and how to apply? This forum will be e+, and no replies will be allowed for non-leadership.
I think it would get too complicated for GTA. We have many jobs, mechanics, vanilla unicorn, mechanics, Dynasty8, Parker LTD, Mosley’s, PDM, dispatch, fire department, law enforcement, to name a few. Most of these operate through Google forms. The whitelisted jobs (EMS/PD) through the IC section of the GTA forums. All these different jobs require different people to have access, some e’s, some O’s some even pubs. Permissions and access for in character jobs would become too complicated for GTA jobs.

Though, for speciality teams, completely agree. GTA could definitely have those applications there. As for IC jobs, to avoid getting them confused for OOC applications, it would most likely best to keep that system as is.

As for everything else, I agree.
 
Outstanding idea someone think of a creative click bait forum title 10/10

Applications Central: Become Involved!
 
I think it would get too complicated for GTA. We have many jobs, mechanics, vanilla unicorn, mechanics, Dynasty8, Parker LTD, Mosley’s, PDM, dispatch, fire department, law enforcement, to name a few. Most of these operate through Google forms. The whitelisted jobs (EMS/PD) through the IC section of the GTA forums. All these different jobs require different people to have access, some e’s, some O’s some even pubs. Permissions and access for in character jobs would become too complicated for GTA jobs.

Though, for speciality teams, completely agree. GTA could definitely have those applications there. As for IC jobs, to avoid getting them confused for OOC applications, it would most likely best to keep that system as is.

As for everything else, I agree.
We could have a link under this forum to a whitelisted job forum
 
I think it would get too complicated for GTA. We have many jobs, mechanics, vanilla unicorn, mechanics, Dynasty8, Parker LTD, Mosley’s, PDM, dispatch, fire department, law enforcement, to name a few. Most of these operate through Google forms. The whitelisted jobs (EMS/PD) through the IC section of the GTA forums. All these different jobs require different people to have access, some e’s, some O’s some even pubs. Permissions and access for in character jobs would become too complicated for GTA jobs.
Mockup thread:

Title: [GTA] Dynasty8 blah blah

Info info info.
You must be an eGO to be considered for this job.
Apply here: google form link.

Have a separate thread for each, GTA prefix for each thread so you don't get confused.
 
Mockup thread:

Title: [GTA] Dynasty8 blah blah

Info info info.
You must be an eGO to be considered for this job.
Apply here: google form link.

Have a separate thread for each, GTA prefix for each thread so you don't get confused.
Issue with this is that we have a lot of jobs and it would just feel like weird clutter in the thread, A bunch of in game job applications mixed with a bunch of Specialty team applications. A Link to the whitelisted job thread on the GTA section of forums is probably the best fit along with our specialty team apps.
 
Mockup thread:

Title: [GTA] Dynasty8 blah blah

Info info info.
You must be an eGO to be considered for this job.
Apply here: google form link.

Have a separate thread for each, GTA prefix for each thread so you don't get confused.
There are A LOT of jobs. Right now, upwards of 10. I think it would make more sense to make 1 thread titled:

[GTA] IC Whitelisted Jobs - Applications

Then within the thread, have all the jobs like this:

Dynasty8
Pretend I took lots of time to write a catchy description.

Requirements:
Blah blah

Application: (link)

Mosley’s
Pretend I took lots of time to write a catchy description.

Requirements:
Blah blah

Application: (link)
 
Issue with this is that we have a lot of jobs and it would just feel like weird clutter in the thread, A bunch of in game job applications mixed with a bunch of Specialty team applications. A Link to the whitelisted job thread on the GTA section of forums is probably the best fit along with our specialty team apps.
+1
 
I can create an updated whitelisted job thread that links to each website, forum, application, and google form for whichever jobs i list. If you'd like I can create this for you and it can be linked to this thread if created
Inkery Inkery Oblixion Oblixion
 
Issue with this is that we have a lot of jobs and it would just feel like weird clutter in the thread, A bunch of in game job applications mixed with a bunch of Specialty team applications. A Link to the whitelisted job thread on the GTA section of forums is probably the best fit along with our specialty team apps.
There are A LOT of jobs. Right now, upwards of 10. I think it would make more sense to make 1 thread titled:

[GTA] IC Whitelisted Jobs - Applications

Then within the thread, have all the jobs like this:

Dynasty8
Pretend I took lots of time to write a catchy description.

Requirements:
Blah blah

Application: (link)

Mosley’s
Pretend I took lots of time to write a catchy description.

Requirements:
Blah blah

Application: (link)
This might work well for GTA specifically, but in general I still think we should limit the references to other threads. Why not move the IC whitelisted thread to the applications forum?
 
Now that the changes to the about page are live, (shoutout Andrew) an idea also being discussed to just put the links under each category in the Getting Involved page which would save some forum clutter.
 
Now that the changes to the about page are live, (shoutout Andrew) an idea also being discussed to just put the links under each category in the Getting Involved page which would save some forum clutter.
Who has edit access to the about page?
I was thinking just having a link to the Getting Involved page in that forum, rather than using it as the container for that information.

I want the leadership that run those teams to be able to edit the threads at any time, and the information on there won't necessarily be static so I'd prefer it stay in the forum.
 
I was thinking just having a link to the Getting Involved page in that forum, rather than using it as the container for that information.

I want the leadership that run those teams to be able to edit the threads at any time, and the information on there won't necessarily be static so I'd prefer it stay in the forum.
Which is exactly why I was asking who could edit the about page
 

Latest posts

Back
Top