Delivered GTA FiveM Whitelisted - Remote Chat Box

Cryptic Strolski

Thread Junky
=(e)=
Joined
Sep 2, 2019
Messages
779
So this one's pretty simple. I am suggesting that we get a script that allows us to remotely access the ingame chat out of game. So all that OOC/admin/LOC/notification message stuff that pops up on the left side of the screen can be viewed in maybe a discord view only channel or something of that nature.

Why? Because the chat box is big on killing immersion and looks funky while streaming. It would be really cool as a streamer if I could view that chat on a separate monitor outside of the game and have it disabled ingame.
 
Upvote 0
It's a good idea, but how would they be able to manage this in a Discord channel? It seems very complicated for something small.
 
It's a good idea, but how would they be able to manage this in a Discord channel? It seems very complicated for something small.
The same way instagram photos are automatically sent to the discord channel I presume.
 
You can disable/hide the chatbox to avoid the streaming/immersion issues.

I'm not sure this is even possible or if possible, might be a pain in the ass
 
The same way instagram photos are automatically sent to the discord channel I presume.
Though, Instagram is a custom coded app. I'm no specialist so I might be wrong but I don't think you can go into the code of the chat and add a webhook to Discord.
 
So things like notifications would be impossible to manage client sided. For example, when you decide that you are going to be attempting to catch some fish, all those notifications are being sent to the client that is executing the function. Imagine if 30 others players are also doing activities that involve notifications, the channel would be flooded.

Brief, notifications is a huge no go and will remain as is. The only modifications you can expect to our notification system is centralizing all notifications to a cleaner less bothersome pop up on the top of your screen. Currently, we have a few matching the format. (Little blue box)...

As for chat, this would be counter productive to our goal. We are making a big push for moving all communication to discord or the forums. For example, if you have an issue with another member, you'd be directed to the member report on the forums. The only messages that should be sent via OOC would be in regards to game breaking issues that are preventing individuals to properly roleplay.

Admins shouldn't need to be discussing things in game. If they have an issue, they can discuss it via the admin channels that will eventually be accessible via discord. All other communications pushed to the forums or other discord channels.

In conclusion, not only would this be extremely difficult, it would have a big toll on the servers performance due to the constant messages flooding the channels. While this will not be made a reality, these channels will be for the most part, not used.
 
I know we can disable it, but some people have a need to speak in OOC or LOC for in the moment RP issues/mechanic issues explained during RP. I keep mine disabled but have come across a need to bring it up fairly often because of these issues.

I know the instagram one is a pre-built to my knowledge, but I'm hoping there already exists a script that can be bought/downloaded for this purpose.
 
So things like notifications would be impossible to manage client sided. For example, when you decide that you are going to be attempting to catch some fish, all those notifications are being sent to the client that is executing the function. Imagine if 30 others players are also doing activities that involve notifications, the channel would be flooded.

Brief, notifications is a huge no go and will remain as is. The only modifications you can expect to our notification system is centralizing all notifications to a cleaner less bothersome pop up on the top of your screen. Currently, we have a few matching the format. (Little blue box)...

As for chat, this would be counter productive to our goal. We are making a big push for moving all communication to discord or the forums. For example, if you have an issue with another member, you'd be directed to the member report on the forums. The only messages that should be sent via OOC would be in regards to game breaking issues that are preventing individuals to properly roleplay.

Admins shouldn't need to be discussing things in game. If they have an issue, they can discuss it via the admin channels that will eventually be accessible via discord. All other communications pushed to the forums or other discord channels.

In conclusion, not only would this be extremely difficult, it would have a big toll on the servers performance due to the constant messages flooding the channels. While this will not be made a reality, these channels will be for the most part, not used.
I understand, if it's not possible, it's not possible, just wasn't sure.
 
some people have a need to speak in OOC or LOC for in the moment RP issues/mechanic issues explained during RP

There is almost never a good reason to type OOC. 99% of the current OOC/LOC messages shouldn't happen.

Even the cop investigation ones should be done via scripts and not "/ooc /me checks blood on the car at postal ###"

With the new whitelist, I hope I rarely see anyone typing in OOC unless there is something directly crashing people that someone wants to warn the other players for.
 
There is almost never a good reason to type OOC. 99% of the current OOC/LOC messages shouldn't happen.

Even the cop investigation ones should be done via scripts and not "/ooc /me checks blood on the car at postal ###"

With the new whitelist, I hope I rarely see anyone typing in OOC unless there is something directly crashing people that someone wants to warn the other players for.
Hopefully ^^
 
As stated above by Oblixion, This would be almost impossible to do. We would like to incorporate a system to incorporate this, but I don't think it would be achievable with our current setup.

I appreciate this and all the other suggestions you have provided. Keep up the great work!
 
Just change the chat box to make it clear, make the font smaller or do the chat bubbles things to make it less... invasive.

A giant gray box that pops up every single time someone joins or leaves the server is not that nice to look at.
 
Just change the chat box to make it clear, make the font smaller or do the chat bubbles things to make it less... invasive.

A giant gray box that pops up every single time someone joins or leaves the server is not that nice to look at.
You can hide the chat box completely. It's toggle-able.
 
Based on the nature of this suggestion, and its unavailability. Im going to be moving and locking it. Thank you for the suggestion
 

Latest posts

Back
Top