JB Map's rotation

Good idea ?


  • Total voters
    27

Nekkk

Thread Junky
Joined
Oct 4, 2020
Messages
899
What's up JB pro players.

As you know I'm always irrated to play the same 6-7 maps everytime... However, i'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one in this case.
That's why i was thinking about something that I have already seen on another servers : So basically, the thing would be to add a RTV ban for certain maps that are really too much played. I know that there is a sort of delay for being able to revote a map. But for the maps i'll say, this one should be higher.
So the maps would be : Minecraft_Beta, VipInTheMix, Clouds and maybe also Kwejsi/Arcade/Undertale/Quake. Those maps are the ones which I was thinking at the first but, maybe, some will not agree with that or some will agree to add other maps. Therefore, we can discuss about that !

By the way, it's not that I hate or not those maps. To be honest, I don't like Vip and Minecraft for example (because they are really boring and the games are mostly bad).
But it's not a problem to play it sometimes.
The real problem is that they are too much played and, for real, I'm feeling really bored about playing always the same 7-8 maps. In addition, there is a lot of other maps that are never played and some are really cool but they are always changed after 2 rounds because nobody know them.

I'm not going to lie but i'm losing a pleasure of playing on the server day by day :/
So that's why i wanted to propose that.

Anyways, just tell me what you think about that but i'm conviced that it would be a great changement for the JB server guys
 
im down.

It's imporant to walk the line of not getting rid of the maps that people like, and giving new maps the chance to get played. That would walk it well I believe
 
Last edited:
No.

There's already a good amount of cooldown on the maps played. I know it sucks for people to play the same maps, but they're winning EVERY vote which means the players like them.
Why would we damage the server by playing unpopular maps that people don't really like?

If anything, we should host jailbreak events on the jailbreak server where we force people to play newer/less traditional maps for an evening. That way it's not a permanent hit on the server, only once~ a month.
 
If anything, we should host jailbreak events on the jailbreak server where we force people to play newer/less traditional maps for an evening. That way it's not a permanent hit on the server, only once~ a month.
"force" is a strong word but i agree and maybe not once a month, like 1 every week.
 
No.

There's already a good amount of cooldown on the maps played. I know it sucks for people to play the same maps, but they're winning EVERY vote which means the players like them.
Why would we damage the server by playing unpopular maps that people don't really like?

If anything, we should host jailbreak events on the jailbreak server where we force people to play newer/less traditional maps for an evening. That way it's not a permanent hit on the server, only once~ a month.
In reality, the fact that they vote for the same maps everytime its because they don't know the other ones.

I don't think that it will impact the server or the players that much. To be honest, peoples like jailbreak for the mode at the start. And they play the same maps mostly because they know the secrets, the games or the way to rebel, ect..
Like when the vote for a new map is starting, they directly check a map they know, then choose the most played and they put the others to the trash ^^

Also, i'm not talking about a huge ban upgrade for those maps, it would be like maybe 2-3 maps more than the others
However, trust me when i say that i'm not the only one who is boring about playing the same maps
 
im down.

It's imporant to walk the line of not getting rid of the maps that people like, and giving new maps the chance to get played. That would walk it well I believe
Yeah this is the most important for sure. Like sophey said, some players like the overplayed maps I have mentionned after all
That's why it would be like 1-2-3 more maps of delay than all the other maps.
I think that it would be really interesting if its done correctly
 
"force" is a strong word but i agree and maybe not once a month, like 1 every week.
Forcing people to play maps they don't necessarily want to play for 3-4 hours straight is a lot to ask once a week.
Forcing people to play just one or two maps once a week will do nothing.

In reality, the fact that they vote for the same maps everytime its because they don't know the other ones.

I don't think that it will impact the server or the players that much. To be honest, peoples like jailbreak for the mode at the start. And they play the same maps mostly because they know the secrets, the games or the way to rebel, ect..
Like when the vote for a new map is starting, they directly check a map they know, then choose the most played and they put the others to the trash ^^

Also, i'm not talking about a huge ban upgrade for those maps, it would be like maybe 2-3 maps more than the others
However, trust me when i say that i'm not the only one who is boring about playing the same maps
Yea, but you also see how fast we RTV off maps we don't usually play. People don't want to play them, so they wont. It's that simple.. unfortunately.
 
Ehh, honestly I'd have to say no for one simple reason. It might be boring for us who have played those maps hundreds of times.(I'm pretty sure I have spent the most of my time on Clouds, out of all the maps)But tbh I see a lot more "fresh faces" these days on the Jailbreak server and to them its Fun to play these 5-7 maps because they are learning them, like it was fun to me to learn secrets, try to get information from old youtube videos, decompiling maps to figure out secrets and little stuff like that.
Oh and I'll add that I like the idea of hosting New or Old (seldom played) maps for an evening. Might be a fun experience.
 
Yea, but you also see how fast we RTV off maps we don't usually play. People don't want to play them, so they wont. It's that simple.. unfortunately.
Everytime I saw that, it's because a few peoples knew the map and the rest did not. And then, the CT was destroyed every rounds ^^
Or, in a rare case, its related to a problem on the map.
But in an other hand, what you're saying is true !

In fact, it's genuinely sad to have the possibility to play a lot of different maps but to end up playing only the same maps.
 
Ehh, honestly I'd have to say no for one simple reason. It might be boring for us who have played those maps hundreds of times.(I'm pretty sure I have spent the most of my time on Clouds, out of all the maps)But tbh I see a lot more "fresh faces" these days on the Jailbreak server and to them its Fun to play these 5-7 maps because they are learning them, like it was fun to me to learn secrets, try to get information from old youtube videos, decompiling maps to figure out secrets and little stuff like that.
Oh and I'll add that I like the idea of hosting New or Old (seldom played) maps for an evening. Might be a fun experience.
Hum I see what you mean and that's true! But there is a lot of maps with good secrets and ways to rebel, even better than those maps (Shoutout legobels, Mario world, paradise_lost, etc..)
But to be honest, it really depends about the type of player you are. For example, some just like jailbreak in general and the map it's not a real problem while others players love play on the maps they know by heart.
But I'm really sure that the JB have to renew itself because the players will be bored at a certain point. And it's not like we don't have the possiblity

And your idea about hosting seldom played maps is really great idea tho, maybe we should look into that if my suggestion is not taken into account
 
If anything, we should host jailbreak events on the jailbreak server where we force people to play newer/less traditional maps for an evening. That way it's not a permanent hit on the server, only once~ a month.
Yep thats a great idea.
Gotta give credit to her on this one tho
 
''I agree with this because there are a lot of good maps like for example the very very very best map of jailbreak DYSTOPIAN !! just look how beautiful it is :love::love::love:
360731974_preview_proxy.jpg
 

Latest posts

Back
Top