Not a bug CS - AWP - Cannot start recording

sopheyy

<3
Joined
Nov 23, 2010
Messages
1,957
What application are you reporting this issue on?
CS

What server is this happening on?
AWP

Short description of the bug.
Cannot start recording

Description of the bug.
When attempting to record in game it says:
] record a
Please start demo recording after current round is over.


Problem is that the round is never over.

What should be happening instead?
You should be able to start a recording to get evidence of hackers. Especially since the server doesn't have many active admins.

Describe how to replicate the bug.
Try to type "record x" in console.

Extra info?
 
What application are you reporting this issue on?
CS

What server is this happening on?
AWP

Short description of the bug.
Cannot start recording

Description of the bug.
When attempting to record in game it says:
] record a
Please start demo recording after current round is over.


Problem is that the round is never over.

What should be happening instead?
You should be able to start a recording to get evidence of hackers. Especially since the server doesn't have many active admins.

Describe how to replicate the bug.
Try to type "record x" in console.

Extra info?
Unfortunately I think this is just an issue with CS:GO and how it handles demo recording. Typical Valve, instead of fixing the problem of starting and stopping demos mid round causing graphical glitches / competitive advantage, they just remove the feature entirely.
 
yeah I'm pretty sure it happen in all CSGO servers, although it work in TF2
 
Unfortunately I think this is just an issue with CS:GO and how it handles demo recording. Typical Valve, instead of fixing the problem of starting and stopping demos mid round causing graphical glitches / competitive advantage, they just remove the feature entirely.
I get that. I do think we should do something on our side to work around it though. Whether that's a two second freezetime or solve it another way that I cannot think of right now (lol). Having cheaters on the server and not having any way of reporting them (a lot of people really aren't tech savvy) may just end up killing the server before it has even gained popularity.

I know the freezetime sucks - but hackers suck more.
 
Demo recording in CS isn't ideal, for now using a screen recording software is the best workaround I can think of until when/if it's patched.
I agree, but not everyone has the knowledge to set it up or they may not have a PC that's powerful enough.

I think this is a legitimate concern, but I don't know if it's worth solving the issue. The AWP players should determine that.
 
We’ll be looking into this, if a 2 second freeze time can solve this issue for players who is the in game recording then it would be fine to do so
 

Latest posts

Back
Top