This has been brought up countless times. I'm going to paraphrase what I said in those, and my point still stands as this isn't gonna change, Maps that aren't played often are not played often for a reason. There are three tiers of maps, sorted by activity, Those played Frequently(Deemed "Good"), infrequently(Only played when all the "good" maps are already played/nominated), and rarely played maps. These rarely played maps have a variety of things that keeps them in that category, often linked to how "good" or "bad" the map is.
The maps that are in this third category need removed and replaced with new maps. You want to play less close-quarters, or dolls? Get more maps that fall in the first two categories.
You can suggest maps to be added through a variety of channels, so it's not like the problem is impossible to fix, but the methodology of forcing people to play these tier-three maps to me, is not the right solution, the goal should just be to not have any of these tier three maps in the server anyways. Changing the time for nominating these maps doesn't solve the problem in the long term, just annoys the players in the short term.
I disagree with such a change on that principle, I think we should be working towards better maps then forcing people to play on maps they don't want to play.
I'