GTA5 Whitelisted - Breaking out of handcuffs

meoweievui

I made one post
=(e)=
Joined
May 6, 2021
Messages
24
I've noticed that when someone breaks out of hand cuffs there is no indication of it. You just see them in cuffs one second and the next they aren't.
Is there a way where maybe we could add like a sound to notify that they have been broken?
Just an idea, I don't play a cop character but I think it would be beneficial!
 
Upvote 1
Although I understand where you're coming from, I do believe that cops should be aware of the person they arrested/cuffed and paying attention to them enough that if they do break out and the cop isn't paying attention, they lose their suspect.

In the real world, for instance, if you left your suspect cuffed on the curbside and walked into McDonalds - who's fault is it if that person decided to get up and run away?

Or if they were talented enough to squish their hand to the point where they can slide out of the cuffs, they wouldn't make any sound doing so.

Hence why when you get arrested IRL, you're usually, more often than not, thrown right into the back of the cop car just so you're locked into place.
 
Although I understand where you're coming from, I do believe that cops should be aware of the person they arrested/cuffed and paying attention to them enough that if they do break out and the cop isn't paying attention, they lose their suspect.

In the real world, for instance, if you left your suspect cuffed on the curbside and walked into McDonalds - who's fault is it if that person decided to get up and run away?

Or if they were talented enough to squish their hand to the point where they can slide out of the cuffs, they wouldn't make any sound doing so.

Hence why when you get arrested IRL, you're usually, more often than not, thrown right into the back of the cop car just so you're locked into place.
That's all fair!
I just noticed it yesterday and thought it could be fun to hear the cuffs almost "drop" because the cops didn't seem to notice. Again I don't play a cop so I'm not sure if it's an issue for cops but thought it could be a fun possible suggestion!
 
That's all fair!
I just noticed it yesterday and thought it could be fun to hear the cuffs almost "drop" because the cops didn't seem to notice. Again I don't play a cop so I'm not sure if it's an issue for cops but thought it could be a fun possible suggestion!
Oh, I'm sure cops would love for some sort of sound that notified them of the cuffs dropping lmao!

That would actually be even better though if they still didn't notice the person got out even with the sound, tbh.
 
Although I understand where you're coming from, I do believe that cops should be aware of the person they arrested/cuffed and paying attention to them enough that if they do break out and the cop isn't paying attention, they lose their suspect.

In the real world, for instance, if you left your suspect cuffed on the curbside and walked into McDonalds - who's fault is it if that person decided to get up and run away?

Or if they were talented enough to squish their hand to the point where they can slide out of the cuffs, they wouldn't make any sound doing so.

Hence why when you get arrested IRL, you're usually, more often than not, thrown right into the back of the cop car just so you're locked into place.
It's super scuffed because a lot of the time the person looks like they're out of cuffs when they're not so basically the officer sits there waiting to see if they run to know for sure

Not to mention people can break out while you're frisking them and there's no indication
 
I would like to propose a grace period honestly, dont tase them ONE second after they break out of cuffs, there is no way to gain more RP out of the mechanic if we arent able to have a fighting chance.
 
meoweievui meoweievui Fantastic suggestion, love the effort put in.

I recently had a conversation with another player that had a similar view on the breakout script. It could be really cool if we could attach a "struggling" emote or something of that sorts to it.

I'll be bringing this concern to the GTA leaders to see if something like this is a possibility and something we want to add.

Thank you for the suggestion!
 
meoweievui meoweievui Fantastic suggestion, love the effort put in.

I recently had a conversation with another player that had a similar view on the breakout script. It could be really cool if we could attach a "struggling" emote or something of that sorts to it.

I'll be bringing this concern to the GTA leaders to see if something like this is a possibility and something we want to add.

Thank you for the suggestion!
Of course! Thank you for the response :)
 

Latest posts

Back
Top