Not Planned CSGO Jailbreak: Enable GOTV to record demos

RIDTHEMID

CT main
Joined
Apr 15, 2020
Messages
51
Turning on GOTV basically adds a camera as a spectator, which can then be enabled to record demos. If these recorded demos were then automatically uploaded to a dropbox/folder that all users could access (1 demo uploaded per map change), it would have a huge impact. Not only would it hold players more accountable when admins aren't present, but it would allow for more effective reporting.

Related links:

How to enable GO TV

Enabling GOTV on your CS:GO Dedicated Server to Spectate and Record your Matches





​

 
Upvote 6
Actually good suggestion but i think only admin being able to see the record would be better and the amount of Gb something like this would need probably gonna be incredible unless it get auto deleted when it hit 1 week maybe? this is more a LE decision tho
 
pretty sure its already on as I get spectated by GOTV all the time, just not being used/saved
 
+1

if y'all found away around the storage problem, this would be great,

and I wouldn't have 2 save my clips, or if i wanted an external pov for a clip.

Also, it should be accessible to ALL players.
 
+1. This should have been implemented way back. We cannot reasonably expect people to be running recording software constantly(Not everyone is running mid/high tier tech), when there is a recording tool built into the game. The fact that its disabled makes no sense whatsoever.

As for saving the recordings temporarily for viewing, I like the idea but it isn't as simple as turning it on. I agree having this would be nice, but this would require some sort of NAS/Cloud Solution, which could become something of a challenge for eGO unless they are willing to do it.
 
This would be crazy good.
Fortunately, Dropbox has an unlimited storage plan (Advanced Teams) which is only $18 a month per user.
This seems like a low price for such a HUGE improvement for all parties involved.

This not only holds pubs and regular members to a higher standard, but it also keeps admins in check.
 
If I recall correctly, I saw a thread that suggested this and it was noted that GOTV can cause memory / performance issues. I'm not entirely sure whether or not this is true, but it may be the reason why this isn't already enabled.

I think this is a good idea, though it can be logistically challenging. Evidence is difficult to review quickly / easily, and could increase the amount of time taken to handle reports / appeals. Ideally, video evidence should be preferred with demos being accepted.

Lastly, I would strongly disagree with demos being per-map. This would make demo files unnecessarily long, viewing them would be annoying, and navigating through all of the rounds would be extremely tedious. On a previous TTT server I played, their replays were based on the rounds. If this were to be implemented, I would suggest each round's replay be posted either in chat or in logs after each round.
 
Sounds like a good concept, but also sounds like a lot of work to manage properly. While I don't disagree with this, I feel like as of right now, most of the times rules are broken the admins handle it fairly accurately and expeditiously, and for the things they don't see, most of the time with most users running NVIDIA shadow play, it's still pretty easy to get the offenses handled if people break rules when admins aren't around. But ultimately, +1 from me if the overhead and logistics of this being implemented isn't too taxing for eGO.
 
Sounds like a good concept, but also sounds like a lot of work to manage properly. While I don't disagree with this, I feel like as of right now, most of the times rules are broken the admins handle it fairly accurately and expeditiously, and for the things they don't see, most of the time with most users running NVIDIA shadow play, it's still pretty easy to get the offenses handled if people break rules when admins aren't around. But ultimately, +1 from me if the overhead and logistics of this being implemented isn't too taxing for eGO.
but its not only for admins,
It can be used for users also, Expecting a user to record 5 hour sessions of gameplay is grueling and can kill some users pc, Some people want to make kill montages, or funny clips and moments, I know people who said they never clipped cuz they couldn't.

This would benefit the happyness of players, and help eGO further expand, for example, someone uses gotv, gets cool shoots, epic montage, you get the point. Uploads it to youtube, manages to get 1k views, maybe 10 new players joined, I think thats good for eGO, it'll help the community make better shots and stuff, and admins could also use it sometimes, Like if someone mfks with no admin on, an admin joins and asks for clips, instead they can instantly go to the dropbox, find the gotv clip, boom done.
 
Sounds like a good concept, but also sounds like a lot of work to manage properly. While I don't disagree with this, I feel like as of right now, most of the times rules are broken the admins handle it fairly accurately and expeditiously, and for the things they don't see, most of the time with most users running NVIDIA shadow play, it's still pretty easy to get the offenses handled if people break rules when admins aren't around. But ultimately, +1 from me if the overhead and logistics of this being implemented isn't too taxing for eGO.
If you knew how many times I've been called into a server because someone has been racist, someone's hacking, someone has mass RDM'd, someone has mass freekilled, intentional freekill/RDM... etc, etc (edit: and they obviously stop when I join)

A LOT of users don't record via shadowplay, either because they don't know it exists, they don't know how to, or they simply don't have NVIDIA. Regardless, if users could pick up evidence SOMEWHERE, that would be extremely beneficial to the players' experience on the servers.
 
If you knew how many times I've been called into a server because someone has been racist, someone's hacking, someone has mass RDM'd, someone has mass freekilled, intentional freekill/RDM... etc, etc (edit: and they obviously stop when I join)

A LOT of users don't record via shadowplay, either because they don't know it exists, they don't know how to, or they simply don't have NVIDIA. Regardless, if users could pick up evidence SOMEWHERE, that would be extremely beneficial to the players' experience on the servers.
Y'all do make good points. I guess not as many people use shadow play as I thought on the server, and just because I use it on the regular I suppose it is unfair of me to assume other players do this as well. I definitely agree with the idea then since people may not run the specs appropriate to record the clips themselves, or like you said don't have/know how to use it.
 
Last edited:
I agree with this because RIDTHEMID RIDTHEMID keeps intentionally freekilling me and it would be nice to get some evidence without having to record 24/7
 

Latest posts

Back
Top