Web Email when supporter expires/can't be charged.

Ric

The Boys Club
=(eGO)=
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
12,920
Hello,

Recently for an unknown reason, my dedicated supporter was unable to be charged and my status went away. I spent a few weeks without dedicated supporter and I only noticed it because on my phone, I seen an ad and it prompted me to go "hey wait a minute" and I fixed the issue, which was an expired card.

Other companies have when you pay for a subscription and it's due to expire and they can not successfully renew it, they send you an email notification alerting you to such action before your subscription expires.

I was wondering if it's possible for us to do the same for people like me who don't frequent the forums as much as others or play video games as much as others. If I would've gotten an email stating that my dedicated supporter was due to expire and it could not be charged, I would've immediately fixed the issue instead of learning about it weeks later when I get a random ad I'm not used to seeing.

Thank you.
 
Upvote 3
It does this already if you use Paypal. Stripe I think can too. Most banks give a notification of purchase or declined purchase.

I mean we could implement such and it makes sense, but you could do this on your own.
 
I used to use PayPal but I remember Austin making a thread saying use stripe so I switched. I know I got notifications and emails from PayPal describing the above, but I don’t get any emails from Stripe. I’m not sure what email I’m signed up for it, but I got zero notifications from them. I don’t even get receipts when I pay monthly, not that it matters much because I see my statement anyways.

I’ll check into Stripe and see what email it uses then if it’s supposed to give me notifications. Thanks!
 
Last edited:
It still wouldn't be terrible if we sent out an email additionally, we could also gather feedback regarding DS in that email too. Might be a way of getting not utility and done helpful analytics
 

Latest posts

Back
Top