Counter-Strike Delivered CSGO Jailbreak - Replace the sound-effect from when the Warden gets fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkfry

NPC
=(e)=
Joined
Aug 12, 2017
Messages
472
Hello,

As of right now the sound effect when the Warden in JB is fired is the same one as when he/she dies. It’s very confusing and sometimes causes a lot of chaos/rebelling/deaths (specifically because it’s automatically a free-day when warden dies until a new warden gives more orders), and I have seen many rounds ruined because of this. What happens is that sometimes a Warden will start doing things they shouldn't, or will have a bad/muted mic or whatever and gets fired by an admin, and everyone goes crazy (by everyone I mean prisoners) because many players mistake this for a death due to the sounds being exactly the same. Even though the text chat says orders remain when a warden gets fired, I doubt a lot of players read this in the heat of the moment when they hear that sound, as the audio cue for Warden dying is like a trained reflex for most of us. I feel like if the sound were to be replaced with something else (kind of like how the sound is different when a player passes warden) then it would completely solve this problem. Open to other thoughts on the matter as always. (The same thing happens when the warden is kicked too).

Thank you!
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I completely second this, I've been killed multiple times because I thought the warden died when instead they were just fired. This causes a lot of confusion for everyone.
 
Yes.

A sound cue for when the warden has died and it's a freeday and another sound cue for when the orders stay (for whatever reason).
 
Maybe just replace it with the pass sound?

I can see the benefit of having pass, fire, and death all different, functionally you only really need two in terms of gameplay. If it's simple enough adding an additional sound would be great, if not, making it the pass sound would be... passable.
 
Adding a sound is fine, I think.
making it the pass sound would be... passable.
1flfq2.jpg
 
Maybe just replace it with the pass sound?
If theres a sound for when the orders stay and when it's a freeday and just apply them to whichever fit.

!pass (stay)
!fire (stay)
<warden dies> (fd)

..whatever else
 
+1

When a Warden is fired it makes the same sound as if he died and it can confuse a lot of T's and CT's.

I would like to suggest having the "YOUR FIRED!!" sound byte from goofie movie to take the place instead of making it the pass sound. :)
 
Last edited:
+1

When a Warden is fired it makes the same sound as if he died and it can confuse a lot of T's and CT's.

I would like to suggest having the "YOUR FIRED!!" sound byte from goofie movie to take the place instead of making it the pass sound. :)

you're*

smh
 
+1

When a Warden is fired it makes the same sound as if he died and it can confuse a lot of T's and CT's.

I would like to suggest having the "YOUR FIRED!!" sound byte from goofie movie to take the place instead of making it the pass sound. :)

hahahaha xD that would be funny af ngl
 
darkfry darkfry

Thanks for this suggestion! The sound should now be different whenever the Warden has been fired. I still hope one day in the future we add the sound bite suggested ;)

~Closed
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top