Not Planned [CS At-Large] Individual Sever Divisions

Sister

bhop's the best server
Joined
Mar 25, 2021
Messages
261
Im here typing this not only as a regular daily player but a comitted player to the eGO Bhop server on CSGO.

The server has issues that are holding the server back in a really negative way, missing maps, map change causing players to crash, and the most important.. the severe lack of maps.
If eGO were to step out of the usual comfort zone with specific game divisions and would branch off for TTT Div/JB Div/Bhop Div etc I see it being a huge positive for the servers.

It could add the oppritunity to A) Add more maps B) have the server feeling more fresh rather than the same maps in rotation for any server C) More of a player base cause as we all know player to player is the best advertisement. More players would want to play on servers that are constantly progressing forward with an active team set for specific game mode servers.

Theres already admins that main servers and a strong server specialist team eager to prove their worth to get a promotion and help push the server to be better. If there were specific divisions for each server, IMO it would push the servers from awesome to amazing.
 
Upvote 4
pog suggestion, daily bhop player, server is going to die sooner or later without changes. :(
 
pog suggestion, daily bhop player, server is going to die sooner or later without changes. :(
would absolutely hate to see the server die due to the lack of new maps and the needed adjustments

D:
 
The problem is this creates further separation than there already is, oh and btw, any update problems you are experiencing would be greatly increased with this, right now, Custom handles pushing most of the updates through the pipeline. That'd change if you separate them. You guys have something unique, Server Specialists. Things like adding maps would be something you should talk to them about. Having a team that focuses on each specific game mode is already unique to just CS. They are also run by admins, not leadership, though they do oversee.

Rather than split the community up, why not suggest these changes you speak of and talk to some of the people responsible or influential in making those things happen? There are several people whose position is to these kinds of changes.

-1 and then some. Our community needs to pool together, not spread further apart.
 
Last edited:
The problem is this creates further separation than there already is, oh and btw, any update problems you are experiencing would be greatly increased with this, right now, Custom handles pushing most of the updates through the pipeline. That'd change if you separate them. You guys have something unique, Server Specialists. Things like adding maps would be something you should talk to them about. Having a team that focuses on each specific game mode is already unique to just CS. They are also run by admins, not leadership, though they do oversee.

Rather than split the community up, why not suggest these changes you speak of and talk to some of the people responsible or influential in making those things happen? There are several people whose position is to these kinds of changes.

-1 and then some. Our community needs to pool together, not spread further apart.
4g0tt3n basically summed up my thoughts on this thread. I fully support adding, changing, and doing regular maintenance on maps. It's always exciting to see a new potential map that could be added onto EGO. What you've suggested is nearly entirely what Server Specialists already do. What would you even consider would happen if we did have separate divisions? What would change aside from maybe having more specific LE?

As it is, each CS server (BHop, TTT, JB, Surf, etc. etc.) has their individual server specialist group. Rather than splitting up the community, I believe how it is currently is best. Instead of having to "hop over to another division", you simply join a more specific one (ie: the server specialist group dedicated to the server). Server Specialists are vital to the vitality of the CS servers. It is THE go to place to recommend maps, tweaks, and other changes.

For those that are interested in joining the Server Specialists, you can read more about it here.
 
Last edited:
I completely see your point of view. At the moment I just think Custom’s workload is too overwhelming to focus on ALL servers at once.

We’re (SS team + management) trying to lower his workload with the implementation of Head SS’ for all servers.

How effective it is, is yet to be noticable due to the low amount of time they’ve had their positions.

Special S/O to @SexySteven who I know is also working his ass off for the bhop server.

I don’t think dividing the division is the right answer to this issue. More manpower is.
 
The problem is this creates further separation than there already is, oh and btw, any update problems you are experiencing would be greatly increased with this, right now, Custom handles pushing most of the updates through the pipeline. That'd change if you separate them. You guys have something unique, Server Specialists. Things like adding maps would be something you should talk to them about. Having a team that focuses on each specific game mode is already unique to just CS. They are also run by admins, not leadership, though they do oversee.

Rather than split the community up, why not suggest these changes you speak of and talk to some of the people responsible or influential in making those things happen? There are several people whose position is to these kinds of changes.

-1 and then some. Our community needs to pool together, not spread further apart.
I’d like to start by mentioning that Custom is one guy and it’s not good that you have to say he does most of the work for CS as you’re argument here. He quite literally does majority of it and it kind of blows my mind how nobody else is trusted and/or “qualified” to do what he does. There’s no way he is the only one who can handle this load and if you have to use this to counter Sisters post maybe we need to think about what LE could do to help CUSTOM push these updates instead of him doing majority of it. And this can exclude the recent Head and Lead SS positions because this is still new and I haven’t really noticed a change to be honest.


I’d also like to note you guys say we are suppose to do all these things in SS and discuss them but I can’t count on one hand the amount of things talked about in the SS discord for JB and BHOP that are either shot down hella quickly by LE and/or something everyone agrees needs a change but nothing ever comes of it (more specifically the JB server on this one). Sure we can report bugs and usually they’ll get fixed but still majority of the time we’re told to make a bug suggestion so it’s kinda pointless.

I’m regards to your last paragraph, who would we even go to? Who’s in the position to handle these things? How do we get in touch with them? There’s not a whole lot of transparency with LE and especially the higher ups with anything and communication goes a long way, especially with lack of communication with update details, we’ve been told a “revised edition of the JB rules” is coming MONTHS ago (it shouldn’t take the whole summer to rewrite the rules I’m sorry lmao), and what holds up certain updates and why some servers receive updates so late compared to others (BHOP server got a really late update over the summer so referencing this one in particular and we just kept getting told “finalizing one more thing and it’s done”)

Also MS MS I'm sorry but you’re one of the main ones who dislike most suggestions that come through SS discord. You gotta be more open to ideas because it doesn’t look like you are in my eyes from my own experience especially when I first joined SS.


I completely see your point of view. At the moment I just think Custom’s workload is too overwhelming to focus on ALL servers at once.

We’re (SS team + management) trying to lower his workload with the implementation of Head SS’ for all servers.

How effective it is, is yet to be noticable due to the low amount of time they’ve had their positions.

Special S/O to @SexySteven who I know is also working his ass off for the bhop server.

I don’t think dividing the division is the right answer to this issue. More manpower is.
I think the answer is division, but maybe not all into individual groups. The most popular are JB and TTT right? Then BHOP/Surf? Then MG/AWP and whatever else we have? Combine them. But the best minds in charge and give them more control and power to help push the servers to the best they can be instead of relying on one or two people specifically. Steven is another example of someone who does a shit ton by himself. More manpower + some division = in my opinion a better answer.
 
I think the answer is division, but maybe not all into individual groups. The most popular are JB and TTT right? Then BHOP/Surf? Then MG/AWP and whatever else we have? Combine them. But the best minds in charge and give them more control and power to help push the servers to the best they can be instead of relying on one or two people specifically. Steven is another example of someone who does a shit ton by himself. More manpower + some division = in my opinion a better answer.
What exactly do you mean by division? What effective changes would happen if we went ahead with this idea? “Yeah sure JB is a separate division, tadah… now what?”

If anything, I’d agree it would be great if LE could assist Custom in what he’s doing. CS is a giant platform for EGO, and it probably wouldn’t hurt to get an additional Community Manager alongside him (or getting some LE to help in general). But it doesn’t require splitting up divisions to promote players. I see no actual benefit (or even practical difference) of splitting the games up “divisionally” vs simply having more manpower.

Ultimately what I’m asking is: What do you mean, and what do you expect would change if CS were split up? Please be specific- “we’d have more people to go to” is incomplete as you’re not adding to CS, you’re splitting it up. Where would you get those additional people?

And this can exclude the recent Head and Lead SS positions because this is still new and I haven’t really noticed a change to be honest.
This new change was literally designed to help take the load off of Custom. I can assure you Head Server Specialists are working hard so that Custom can work less.

things talked about in the SS discord for JB and BHOP that are either shot down hella quickly by LE and/or something everyone agrees needs a change but nothing ever comes of it
If something is shot down by LE then it will continue to be shot down by LE. Splitting LE up won’t change that answer.

Sure we can report bugs and usually they’ll get fixed but still majority of the time we’re told to make a bug suggestion so it’s kinda pointless.
Server Specialists help find bugs, they are almost always non controversial, there’s no need to discuss them; hence why its best to have one centralized location where all the information regarding a bug can be found. I can’t see how a system working (bugs being fixed) is “kinda pointless”.

you’re one of the main ones who dislike most suggestions that come through SS discord
Not entirely sure what you mean by this; I dislike ideas that I don’t like. If everyone else likes the idea though, then chances are it could be added. The more opinions, the more people, the better feedback.
 
Last edited:
It could add the oppritunity to A) Add more maps B) have the server feeling more fresh rather than the same maps in rotation for any server C) More of a player base cause as we all know player to player is the best advertisement. More players would want to play on servers that are constantly progressing forward with an active team set for specific game mode servers.
I'd love to understand how any of these goals are accomplished by cutting up the largest group into chunks.

I see a common theme in all of these goals: Manpower.
 
I'd love to understand how any of these goals are accomplished by cutting up the largest group into chunks.

I see a common theme in all of these goals: Manpower.
Can't be scared to put people in power. Until then this will never be resolved. "We already have enough Leadership" is not a correct answer because its clear there is not enough. Custom being the only CM essentially doing all the CS work is an example. JB rules being rewritten taking longer than a month is another.

MS MS Just now seeing this, so I apologize for the late response.
What exactly do you mean by division? What effective changes would happen if we went ahead with this idea? “Yeah sure JB is a separate division, tadah… now what?”
Refer to my last paragraph of what my post.
Ultimately what I’m asking is: What do you mean, and what do you expect would change if CS were split up? Please be specific- “we’d have more people to go to” is incomplete as you’re not adding to CS, you’re splitting it up. Where would you get those additional people?
From the current player base? In my eyes it seems that there isn't a whole lot of trust and the people who can make this "manpower" change are scared to give certain individuals more power. I can name at least 5 people right now who I cannot believe they aren't manager and its mind blowing the amount of work they do with so little power. Show them more appreciation other than a "Thank you to ______ for all your help in completing this project!".

Personally I think Custom should be able to push updates himself and have access to whatever it is that Covert has and the Head Server Specialists should get the updates ready and tested and sent to Custom to be pushed. Maybe this is the "division in power" we need, but only time will tell because it's still early for the Head and Lead SS positions.
This new change was literally designed to help take the load off of Custom. I can assure you Head Server Specialists are working hard so that Custom can work less.
I would like to note I am not doubting you guys aren't working, but right now it doesn't seem any different from before.
If something is shot down by LE then it will continue to be shot down by LE. Splitting LE up won’t change that answer.
Some LE don't even play JB or BHOP and will shut down the idea if its agreed by everyone. That kinda says something in itself.
 
Can't be scared to put people in power. Until then this will never be resolved. "We already have enough Leadership" is not a correct answer because its clear there is not enough. Custom being the only CM essentially doing all the CS work is an example. JB rules being rewritten taking longer than a month is another.
What part of what I said implies this is my stance...?
 
Devils advocate / trying to find answers here: What would splitting up the "division" do that isn't already supposed to be done by the sever specialists?

We used to have a manager sort of per-server... Someone who sort of specifically looked after things on each one. Is that not a thing anymore?

Just from the view over here I would figure server specialists would be making these suggestions and collecting maps / bugs / etc, going over things with the server manager and they would be the ones pushing it to tech to get done (or if they have access, adding/removing etc).

I sorta get what you're getting at, but also feel it would just be congested with too many hands in the pot. But, I'm here to ask questions and see your thoughts.
 
Since I'm not that smart and not as dedicated to writing paragraphs as y'all, I'd like to reiterate a point.

John has 5 brain cells that tell him no, and 3 brain cells that tell him yes.
He can add brain cells, and they are randomly assigned to tell John no or yes.
If John wants the answer "yes" and he doesn't have a majority of "yes" cells, he will add new cells and gamble until he can find a majority of "yes" cells

Idk if this helped, but it shows that the CS community, if they want more leadership to accept movements rather than deny them, will ask for more leadership.

(Edit: 4gotten pointed out that this looked like disrespect towards members of leadership. That's not what I meant, just tried to use the analogy)
 
Last edited:
We used to have a manager sort of per-server... Someone who sort of specifically looked after things on each one. Is that not a thing anymore?
Unfortunately, it's not a thing anymore.
1632973106437.png


All other servers could theoretically be neglected due to lack of leadership actively playing on them. Whether or not that's the case is unknown to anyone but leadership.
 
Last edited:
All other servers could theoretically be neglected due to lack of leadership actively playing on them. Whether or not that's the case is unknown to anyone but leadership.
Unfortunately CS:S has lacked leadership for a while now. I think this thread makes sense but solely for the Source server.
 
Unfortunately CS:S has lacked leadership for a while now. I think this thread makes sense but solely for the Source server.

This was sorta what happened with DoD:S as well for us. Old members got burnt out and packed up, a few stuck it out to the end (and i mean a handful at best).

Dust2 is sort of self sufficient though. It's been a staple and remained the same for about a decade+ now. Messing with it to make any changes would likely send the regulars packing; I've watched tons of our servers that were older try to "revive" themselves and end up tanking fast.

If there's critical bugs it should definitely be fixed. But as a whole, I think it just kind of floats on it's own island and will simply live on until CS:S dies off (Should it ever happen lol). It doesn't really need a massive amount of management looking at it. A couple more good regular admins, perhaps though, and getting checked on every so often by current leadership.

The actual interest for CS:S from eGO members is VERY low since the move to GO. (Which sucks because I think it's the better game still lol).

I believe there's far more issues on our GO servers that need attention than to dedicate too much time to CS:S, other than bug fixes that need attention. GO brings in members, is actively evolving, and needs to be looked at. CS:S is kind of the opposite for eGO.
 
Last edited:
I believe that managers should actively play on the CS:GO and CS:S servers.
Not to say that the current LE are doing anything inherently wrong by not playing, I just think that the LE who don't actively play are in a sort of a different category.
People like Luminite, Rezan, and bulba are known in the JB community as admins who keep JB as a punk-free environment (this applies to other CS servers aswell with their active admins). Admins such as Larry, Custom, and Spare, are less known on JB. These admins oversee all of CS and not any server in particular so they aren't obligated to main one. For other administrators that the JB community knows, I feel a promotion in, if not ranks, then responsibilities, would be worth the CS Leadership's time.

I say this here because, because as I would love to write a ton of Promo Recs on certain =(eGO)=-s, that would be worthless.

I feel that more managers should be put in place to moderate and manage a specific server on CS:GO and CS:S

After all, what harm could it do?
Sorry if there's spelling/grammar errors, I'm tired
 

Similar threads

Back
Top