Counter-Strike csgo - beginner surf - custom title not working

Skyz

♥ Noscope Queen ♥
Joined
Dec 2, 2018
Messages
887
What application are you reporting this issue on?
csgo

What server is this happening on?
beginner surf

Short description of the bug.
custom title not working

Description of the bug.
custom title going over 20 characters even though I am not. "{grey2}[{darkred}Grand Master{grey2}]"

What should be happening instead?
I had my title as Grand Master before and for some reason the server kept reseting my title every now and then, I tried it today and I kept getting that its going over the 20 character limit and that it shouldn't be counting the colors within that limit.

Describe how to replicate the bug.
!customtitle "{grey2}[{darkred}Grand Master{grey2}]"

Extra info?
 
Almost certain this is intentional. Colors aren’t intentionally supported, and as a side affect count towards the character limit (your title is 37 characters).
 
Almost certain this is intentional. Colors aren’t intentionally supported, and as a side affect count towards the character limit (your title is 37 characters).
I used to be able to do it, and all of a sudden it stopped working, and in the text it does says colors don't count towards it.
 
Almost certain this is intentional. Colors aren’t intentionally supported, and as a side affect count towards the character limit (your title is 37 characters).
It literally gives an example where colors are showcased. If it's not intended then that should be removed.
 
It literally gives an example where colors are showcased. If it's not intended then that should be removed.
Colors are showcased, but looking at the code makes it seem as though only certain colors should be working. Looking at the list of allocated colors, I do not see grey2.

custom title going over 20 characters even though I am not. "{grey2}[{darkred}Grand Master{grey2}]"
Try grey or gray instead of grey2. The colors parsing method that I'm looking at doesn't have grey2.

This would lead to your string being {grey2}[Grand Master{grey2}], which is 28 characters long.

edit; colors list i was looking at from the customtitle method.
Code:
default,
white,
darkred,
green,
lime,
blue,
lightgreen,
red,
grey,
gray,
yellow,
lightblue,
darkblue,
pink,
lightred,
purple,
darkgrey,
darkgray,
limegreen,
orange,
olive
 
Last edited:
So after switch the grey2 for just grey I am now getting this error in chat "SurfTimer | Your custom tag must start and end with a square bracket."

{grey}[{darkred}Grand Master{grey}] this is what I am putting in after /customtitle basically following the /titlehelp code format that is listed.
 
Last edited:
Your custom tag must start and end with a square bracket.
Eh honestly no idea if you manage to fix it, but pretty sure the inside command works reading after [ and stop at ] so that's why probably telling you that
 
Moving this to completed due to inactivity and age. Please re-create a thread if this issue still persists.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top