CSGO - Trouble in terrorist town - Detective black screen/stuck

whnheaven

Active Member
=(eGO)=
Joined
May 11, 2020
Messages
342
What application are you reporting this issue on?
CSGO

What server is this happening on?
Trouble in terrorist town

Short description of the bug.
Detective black screen/stuck

Description of the bug.
When player is detective, spawns in black screen and stuck in wall

What should be happening instead?
Player should be able to see and move around freely

Describe how to replicate the bug.
Player frosty spawns as detective and problem arises.

Extra info?
 
Unless it's an issue that's different from what I think it is, this is just a rare CS:GO thing where you can spawn in the wall while joining. Doesn't have to do with Detective, unless this is on a specific map and can be reproduced
 
Unless it's an issue that's different from what I think it is, this is just a rare CS:GO thing where you can spawn in the wall while joining. Doesn't have to do with Detective, unless this is on a specific map and can be reproduced
The player says it happens only when they’re detective regardless of map
 
Only a specific person as Detective on any map? Now that's odd, either they live on Mars or something else is weird. Oh well, let's see if MSWS can think of something
 
Sometimes when you enter quickly into the server and quickly attempt to go into a role in JB, you can get stuck in the ceiling of cells in some maps, this is probably the same problem and i have experienced it several times
 
Last edited:
Sometimes when you enter quickly into the server and quickly attempt to go into a role in JB, you can get stuck in the ceiling of cells in some maps, this is probably the same problem and i have experienced it several times

Yeah, that's what I thought but same person, every map, always as D, doesn't add up
 
Could we get a recording of what is happening either from a third person perspective or from the player themselves? (Preferably both).
 
I think I know what might be causing this (just maybe), the asset associated with the D icon in the top right is either missing or corrupted, causing your screen to black out. Check the csgo folder and delete the associated asset
 
Can't be certain though, if you want certainty, ask MS MS .

Anyway, I don't know the name of the file so you'll have to ask or find it
 
Actually, after looking at the console in the video, I'm pretty much certain this is the case:

It has the line:
Error reading material data "materials/darkness/ttt/overlaydetective.vtf"

Find that file and delete it, CS should re-acquire it automatically and hopefully this time it won't be broken. If it's still broken, I'm sure MS can provide a link.

F Frostyyy
 
Last edited:
Back
Top