Search Warrants/Warrants need to Change

PapaGinger

Rookie
Joined
Apr 3, 2020
Messages
65
I am not sure if this has been talked about yet, but it is becoming a larger and larger issue. I don't think it is reasonable for search warrants to be signed off on just by the Chief of Sherrif. To go from committing a crime at noon to having your house raided in the evening is far too quick. I understand sometimes the police need something to do, and that the court system can get clogged, but it is unreasonable and unfair to have such a fast turnaround on search warrants. More often than not these search warrants are based on simple evidence such as a license plate, or in some cases an assumption of who a person is not based on any evidence. I don't think good RP is created from these insta-warrants and it forces crims into a spot of either giving up to be sentenced to jail for absurd times or to go out shooting.
 
If the warrant isnt justified you can legally sue the PD.
In any case though, the criminals are always put in that same spot of giving up to be sentenced or to go to jail. In no case should they be aware about warrants being performed on their houses.
I would like to see a legal agency actually sign off these warrants but that also negates any court RP as they would only be accepted if there is enough evidence.
 
If the warrant isnt justified you can legally sue the PD.
In any case though, the criminals are always put in that same spot of giving up to be sentenced or to go to jail. In no case should they be aware about warrants being performed on their houses.
I would like to see a legal agency actually sign off these warrants but that also negates any court RP as they would only be accepted if there is enough evidence.
This kinda goes back to a problem that has been plaguing PD, if a crim did something unfair and ruined RP it would be a report, but a cop can demolish a scene, take everything from you, and it should "stay in character." I think this has been discussed prior and has been agreed upon by multiple people that cops should and can be reported for ruining RP, breaking rules, etc. the same way crims can. I would consider PD keeping their warrants within their department ruining roleplay, it shouldn't be instant to get a warrant, it should be taken to court, it should take a good amount of time to be deliberated and be executed.
 
This kinda goes back to a problem that has been plaguing PD, if a crim did something unfair and ruined RP it would be a report, but a cop can demolish a scene, take everything from you, and it should "stay in character." I think this has been discussed prior and has been agreed upon by multiple people that cops should and can be reported for ruining RP, breaking rules, etc. the same way crims can. I would consider PD keeping their warrants within their department ruining roleplay, it shouldn't be instant to get a warrant, it should be taken to court, it should take a good amount of time to be deliberated and be executed.
Would you like to take the honors of being a judge and running the legal system? If this is a hand raise, then I’ll ask the leadership to add you immediately. If it’s not, then the current system will need to stand.

I’m the only acting judge and probably one of the few people who know how the legal system works - and I certainly am not a subject matter expert by any means. I know enough to get by. With me primarily playing police, there’s too many scenes I am involved with to be the sole body for approving warrants. The Sheriff and Chief are more than capable of taking on this responsibility.

Let’s understand something important here. Warrants do take time. Warrants are deliberated upon. Warrants do take time to be executed. What’s implied above, where we are saying they aren’t, is not true. Every Law Enforcement official has to write a report defining the probable cause behind the incident and that report is subject to review and denial. Ask Rekty, Confission and Coop who spent 45 minutes clearing a property out while PD was moving through the paces of getting a warrant signed and approved if the warrant process was instant.

If there was no probable cause and the police committed an unlawful search and seizures, as Marco said the police department may be taken to court for breach of amendment rights.

Finally, I don’t believe there’s any issues plaguing the law enforcement agencies we have right now. Are there areas for improvement? Sure. I’m confident when I say that there’s things everyone can improve on no matter what role you play here - civilian, cop, criminal, medical, gangster, animal (lol), etc. I’d prefer to see us call out the specific instances where people, individuals, can improve rather than saying there’s issues plaguing the PD. That’s just wrong and not warranted (no pun intended).

In the end, if there’s things needing to be improved on, it’s up to great leaders to step up and make change a reality. Anyone think they can do it better? The opportunity is out there. Become a Judge. Run for Chief of Police. Run for Sheriff. Hell, run for Director if you want.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top