Cross Server Chat

Bobbb

Certified Pogger
=(e)=
Joined
Dec 29, 2020
Messages
481
I am not sure what systems the cross server chat in cs goes through ("& <message>") but...

Is it possible to use the MAUL bot in Discord to post people's cross server messages (maybe like in a locked admin text channel)?
I think it would be cool and useful and cool.
This suggestion is also me half asking how the cross server chat works lol.
 
Upvote 7
It would be pretty cool to have a locked(?) discord channel where all cross-server messages are sent.
It would be even cooler if you could opt into getting pinged every time a message was sent.
 
It would be pretty cool to have a locked(?) discord channel where all cross-server messages are sent.
It would be even cooler if you could opt into getting pinged every time a message was sent.
This. In a community I was an admin in previously, this is exactly what we had and it worked very well. There's not always admins on other servers, but there's always admins around on Discord.
 
This has been dead for a long time, but I am looking to revive this as I was thinking of making a suggestion soo.

Basically yeah, whenever a message is posted in the cross server chat, we could either send a message to discord through the maul bot, or alternatively (and probably easier), simply send a webhook with the players Username followed by the server and then their message.

An example:
06060b817a9c51a46a2c5212c558a7d9.png
 
+1

I think this would work great especially during odd hours when admins are not typically on.
 
This has been dead for a long time, but I am looking to revive this as I was thinking of making a suggestion soo.

Basically yeah, whenever a message is posted in the cross server chat, we could either send a message to discord through the maul bot, or alternatively (and probably easier), simply send a webhook with the players Username followed by the server and then their message.

An example:
06060b817a9c51a46a2c5212c558a7d9.png
ah the classic complaint ban em or i rdm

but yeah i would like to see this, i think it also works great for like MS when we get tickets, to ask on what in the world do i get admins to join the server or something

it could be neat that MS could see what admins are one what server so we can ping or dm the person and ask can you opt onto that server to help them out
 
+1 I make sure to spam leadership chat every time I play. Never once got a response
 
Would love this myself, I'm almost always looking at discord and especially during EU hours when we don't have many admins on. If I'd see a of someone reporting serious offenses I'd be willing to hop on and handle it
 
It should be ponited out that we have multiple divisions. I think it would be difficult to keep this organized with all of our other games.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top