Delivered Replace minigames server with CS:Source Office - NO AWPS/AUTOS

Immaculate

Don't worry, be happy!
=(eGO)=
Joined
Dec 19, 2019
Messages
1,762
I believe this suggestion may initially be difficult for committed CS:GO players in positions of power, but it's time we apply our resources where the public is showing loyalty and interest and in doing so recognize a proven and committed population that supports Counter-Strike: Source. eGO currently has 8 CS:GO servers and many have long struggled for players. Opening another or maintaining a struggling or near empty server is a questionable use of our resources and a lost opportunity to continue to market our clan.

Almost daily the CS:S 64 slot server is populated at max capacity for hours on end, to the point that even Admins can't get on. I have never experienced this problem in CS:GO and if it has happened only a few would recall. We have a market and a player base that will never move to GO and it's time we reward their loyalty with an additional server that features arguably the second most popular map..."Office".

As Dust_2 is smartly a non rotation map having an option isn't just good, but healthy for gamers to prevent burn out and satisfy the palates of those who play elsewhere because they want more than one option.

The Source population tends to be made up of mature gamers who have shown their love of the game. They are not a niche. They are a sturdy part of the backbone of our gaming customers. It's absolutely worth a try when an opportunity is available. The fish are biting, so let's get our pole.

Regards,
Immaculate
 
Upvote 5
YES! Please do, CS:S Office is amazing and a ton of fun to play. I'd be more than willing to bring myself back to CS:S (despite being loyal to GO and 1.6 for however long) for it
 
Last edited:
Our Office server years ago was enjoyable. I think it's difficult for people to consider going back to old games but Source still has a dedicated community. I'm all for at least trying another server. Doing CSS events again would also be exciting!
 
We've tried to reboot CS:S servers multiple times in the past 7-ish years and not a single one has taken off for more than an hour. Office died off before many others too (Italy was the last one I recall us having other than dust2).

So, pessimist me doesn't see this really working. The fish claim they are hungry, but when food arrives, they don't want it.

But, I'm always open to being proven wrong

1651008054168.png
 
We've tried to reboot CS:S servers multiple times in the past 7-ish years and not a single one has taken off for more than an hour. Office died off before many others too (Italy was the last one I recall us having other than dust2).

So, pessimist me doesn't see this really working. The fish claim they are hungry, but when food arrives, they don't want it.

But, I'm always open to being proven wrong
Simon, I do understand what you're saying and have given specific thought to why servers succeed and fail given what a community may already have. What I would hope is that we could tweak a CS:S Office server with different options than Dust_2 such as fun rounds (involving deagles, knives, and or zombies), colored smoke, and all with enhanced gore modes. I think the error is giving a product that is visually too familiar and no more satisfying to the experience. We shouldn't overwhelm the game as the map by itself is great, but attempt to aid more "Oh, that was cool" moments within the great map. I think it could work, but definitely worth a try.
 
Last edited:
I can appreciate that you want to do more with it than just slap up the map and say let's go, and try to make it something more unique. I can get behind that idea a lot more.
 
Doh! :rolleyes:

See, it just happened to me. I stepped out of the server for a minute and now I can't get back in. I love this server!


Server full.JPG
 
Last edited:
We've tried to reboot CS:S servers multiple times in the past 7-ish years and not a single one has taken off for more than an hour. Office died off before many others too (Italy was the last one I recall us having other than dust2).

So, pessimist me doesn't see this really working. The fish claim they are hungry, but when food arrives, they don't want it.

But, I'm always open to being proven wrong
IMO, most people don't want to play an empty server and thus an empty server stays empty. I'd like to see bots until a server is 5v5 at which time any subsequent human replaces a bot. I'd like that across all our CSS servers but I think lacking that is what kept Office from taking off last time. People look at a server list, see 0 connected, and keep scrolling.
 
IMO, most people don't want to play an empty server and thus an empty server stays empty. I'd like to see bots until a server is 5v5 at which time any subsequent human replaces a bot. I'd like that across all our CSS servers but I think lacking that is what kept Office from taking off last time. People look at a server list, see 0 connected, and keep scrolling.
Cript Cript

I think that's an excellent observation that rings very true. People really don't jump on to empty servers. Using bots as place holders until actual players come on could indeed initially help maintain a population. (y)
 
In my times of Leadership, we've tried multiple times to revive Office with no success, and at some point, even turned it into a rotation server of sorts. Of course, it didn't have the suggestions above applied.

That was years ago and times change so I'm not sure how it would fair today. I support the idea although a little hesitant.

+0.5
 

Similar threads

Latest posts

Back
Top