Not Planned supporter perma

yoloswag

I made one post
=(e)=
Joined
Jul 19, 2021
Messages
26
1651028681793.png
make perma ds but triple expensiveidkw hat i talk
 
Upvote 0
-1 As Leto said this would be a horrible decision for eGO and would make royal ds completely useless
 
It would definitely be more than just 3x for lifetime silver DS. I’m not personally for or against, but prices would probably be more along the lines of $120 for lifetime silver, $230 for gold, etc.
 
Like many individuals have said before me, this probably isn't something worth pursuing simply due to the financial losses we would 'incur'.

Dedicated Supporter, has, and always will be a way to support the community first, and gain benefits second. We offer our DS members as many benefits for donating on our servers as possible, without giving them a significant advantage over other players.

Data, and the current market, has shown that subscription based models are much more lucrative than one-time purchase focused models (According to this source, subscription models net over 2x as much profit). You can see this in the market with almost everything having a subscription service now, like DollarShaveClub, HelloFresh, etc.

From a technical standpoint, most of our costs are on a monthly basis as well. Checking the Dedicated Supporter statistics and data month-to-month is helpful in trying to achieve an equilibrium between funds gained each month, and our costs of running our servers each month.

Anecdotally, I've been a DS Silver subscriber for nearly four years now, nearly straight, which has contributed over $200 to EdgeGamers. Like MSWS said above, if we did choose to implement a one-time purchase for DS it would likely have to be outrageously expensive to counteract the potential opportunity cost.

Overall -1
 
From a community standpoint, monthly donations are much better for the reasons outlined above.

From a player standpoint if they were doing it purely for perks (which most likely aren't), permanent is better because it is cheaper overall and less annoying compared to subscription models. That directly comes in conflict with the main focus of DS though, to support the server through monetary means.

I've always personally preferred lifetime/permanent purchases, when everyone started moving towards subscription-based models, I was pretty pissed for over a year, but by now I've just come to accept it.
 
Last edited:
I don't think a lifetime DS is a good move, but maybe discounted packages for multiple months (e.g. 3, 6, 12). I think these used to exist but I don't entirely remember.
 
Older posts suggest that they did exist but provided no discount, I wasn't around then tho.
 
They were just bulk purchase no discount. I cant really see discounted DS.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top