Not Planned [AWP]Add spawn protection

whu

Poster
=(e)=
Joined
Sep 17, 2020
Messages
176
Good morning everyone, short suggestion here.

In the past few days I have come to realize that in many of the awp maps there are spawn areas where you can see and aim at the enemy without moving anything besides your cursor. I would like to suggest a 1 second protection, in such way players wouldn't be instantly killed based of luck where you spawn and who's bullets hits first based on ping.

The protection could be removed with the fire of a weapon. So try to shoot the person on the other side and your protection goes off.

Current Scenario: 10 players online, CT-Kalle can see and aim at T-Georges head. At this point they just spam the fire button on the mouse to shoot. The one with better ping often wins (less lag). T-George dies without a chance to win.

Future Scenario: 10 players online, CT-Kalle can see and aim at T-Georges head. CT-Kalle try to shoot T-George but he has 1 second protection so he shoots CT-Kalle back when he doesn't have protection due to shooting their weapon. T-George wins by thinking instead of lag/better ping or luck.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 2
This could (potentially) be a DS feature. I don't see it being insanely OP, but it may just be enough to be p2w, which we want to avoid at all costs.

Regardless, I definitely do think this would be a valued addition to the server - regardless of implementation.
 
This could (potentially) be a DS feature. I don't see it being insanely OP, but it may just be enough to be p2w, which we want to avoid at all costs.
I meant it more without DS, as in general.
If this makes it into the game and becomes a DS feature, it will be a P2W no matter what.

Don't want to be killed instantly? Buy DS and avoid it!

Gives bad vibes overall. All we want is to improve the game-play, not corrupt it.
 
I meant it more without DS, as in general.
If this makes it into the game and becomes a DS feature, it will be a P2W no matter what.

Don't want to be killed instantly? Buy DS and avoid it!

Gives bad vibes overall. All we want is to improve the game-play, not corrupt it.
Yea, I somewhat agree.

But we also want to promote DS in a way that makes sense for all servers. As of right now, you get the most out of DS on Jailbreak.
 
I think a more elegant solution to this is mp_randomspawn_los 1, but I'm not sure how this would affect high pop servers.

I don't see it being insanely OP, but it may just be enough to be p2w, which we want to avoid at all costs.
if 2 people spawn in each other's line if sight, one has DS and one doesn't, the DS guy will always win even if the non DS shoots first. This is pretty clear P2W imo
 
Yea, I somewhat agree.

But we also want to promote DS in a way that makes sense for all servers. As of right now, you get the most out of DS on Jailbreak.
I can give you a list soon with ideas for awp ds stuff.
 
How often does this occur? I’d think it would be pretty rare considering both map and spawn would have to be unlucky for spawn killing to be an issue.
 
How often does this occur? I’d think it would be pretty rare considering both map and spawn would have to be unlucky for spawn killing to be an issue.
3 maps in the "most played" rotation are current having that problem. I know japan is one, there is another map with a "garden" on a second floor in the middle, two ramps on the side and a small tunnel in the middle, first floor. No idea the name of it but its the second map. Then there is a pyramid looking thing in the middle. In the first floor you can shoot through the wall sometimes hitting a headshot and killing.
 
All of the most popular maps played have walls blocking off the spawns and sight lines covered, I've played maybe half a dozen AWP map in the 4 years I've been playing that have this issue. I don't see this as being as big as you are making it.
 
All of the most popular maps played have walls blocking off the spawns and sight lines covered, I've played maybe half a dozen AWP map in the 4 years I've been playing that have this issue. I don't see this as being as big as you are making it.
I am currently going through all the maps just to make it more reasonable. Give me an hour or two and you will have the research.

Also not to be against you or anything but different communities have different maps.
 
It's probably better to just patch the maps with that problem. The main one is just awp_japan, with the wallbangable walls.
 
-1 its funny getting spawn killed, just be quicker or don't peek angles people are going to be for a bit
 
so its funny you spawn and just get schmucked? like 5 times in some maps?
yes, hasn't happened to me before tho. crouch before it starts? idk. but if a lot of people complain then yeah it makes sense to fix it but I think its ok
 
yes, hasn't happened to me before tho. crouch before it starts? idk. but if a lot of people complain then yeah it makes sense to fix it but I think its ok
only like 2% of the awp server community actually has an e tag, so unless they for some odd reason create an account and post here, a change wont happen
 
@DDZ ZioNeX and I play on the AWP server quite a bit and I don’t think we’ve run into a big issue of spawn killing. I can only think of one map where spawn killing is frequent, being Crazy jump. Personally, I think it just adds to the chaos and it’s only one map.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top