- Joined
- Oct 4, 2020
- Messages
- 899
Since the points system is back, the awp server became a place where try harders, toxic players and just unfun players in general play… I used to play the awp server when it first appeared with the points system. And also when the points system was gone during several months.
All I can say is that it was just a better and more enjoyable to play when there was nothing to « win ». People was actually playing for fun and no holding a line for the whole round…
Given that the points are back now, there is just no fun anymore… People call the whole round in their spawn and hold a line with a the scop because, you know, being in the top10 is really important !! More cheaters because they need to show how massive their cocks are and how much they are good.. More toxic players insulting each others when they are killed and I can understand them when you see how many players play their actual lives..
Given that I’m pretty sure the points system will stay, this is why I was thinking about some propositions :
- Add an anti-camp system -> For real, players crouching and hard scoping from their spawn are the main reason why this server is getting terrible and a lot complain about. Yesterday, I just watched a guy who never left his spawn the whole map. Not even one time lmao..
So add a timer (maybe 10-15s) for the spawn area and when the timer is over, this area does 5hp damage every second for the player.
However, this would be just for few maps (for example : awp_gony, awp_summer surf, awp_japan/bangalow and of course awp_applejack). Maybe others but some maps are too small that there would be no sense to add an anti-camp trigger lol
- Modify the points system -> What I’m saying is that it would be 100% better if getting points would be based on the rank of the enemy you kill and based on how you kill him (noscop, headshot, jumpshot)
(For example : I’m currently top 54 or something like that with roughly 2300 points. If a player top 600 with 1100 points kills me, instead of getting 5 points like everyone gets when you kill someone, he will earn 10 points (I just chose 10 randomly). And add to that the fact that he killed me with a noscop, + 3 points (still randomly)!
So basically, he earned 13 points and that’s a lot but deserved given that I have a higher rank than him.)
- Reduce the amount of points you get when you kill someone with your knife -> It’s literally an awp server… It’s extremely easy to bhop and strafe on this server and, therefore, some guys abuse this feature and just never use their awp but only their knives… I know that it’s allowed to use your knife lol but when your knife becomes your awp, it’s a kinda sad.
I’m not asking to remove the knife ofc because I know they have fun in this way, and that’s not a shitty way to have fun, but only to reduce the points you get with a knife kill, maybe 1 or 2 points by knife kill. I’m pretty sure it would make them use the awp a little bit more as it supposed to be!
- Don't lose points when you are killed -> For me, it’s the main issue about this system… If you kill someone, you gets 5 points. If you are killed, you loose 5 points. It’s that simple. But it’s so terrible… Because it forces indirectly players to actually play their lives as if it was a faceit game… I can’t blame them because, if you try hard the rank, you just don’t want to play 1 hour to earn only 15 points lol..
I use to play on other servers with this kind of points system and ranking system (an only HS deagle server for example) and you don’t loose points when you die. I can tell that players don’t actually play as if dying was an issue for their rank. They don’t hold lines from the spawn for example ^^
So that’s it, I guess it’s enough I’m not gonna lie
but anyways, I just wanted to point out how much this server has changed since few weeks now and it’s kind of sad given I’m a regular player and maybe the admin playing the most on this server :/
All I can say is that it was just a better and more enjoyable to play when there was nothing to « win ». People was actually playing for fun and no holding a line for the whole round…
Given that the points are back now, there is just no fun anymore… People call the whole round in their spawn and hold a line with a the scop because, you know, being in the top10 is really important !! More cheaters because they need to show how massive their cocks are and how much they are good.. More toxic players insulting each others when they are killed and I can understand them when you see how many players play their actual lives..
Given that I’m pretty sure the points system will stay, this is why I was thinking about some propositions :
- Add an anti-camp system -> For real, players crouching and hard scoping from their spawn are the main reason why this server is getting terrible and a lot complain about. Yesterday, I just watched a guy who never left his spawn the whole map. Not even one time lmao..
So add a timer (maybe 10-15s) for the spawn area and when the timer is over, this area does 5hp damage every second for the player.
However, this would be just for few maps (for example : awp_gony, awp_summer surf, awp_japan/bangalow and of course awp_applejack). Maybe others but some maps are too small that there would be no sense to add an anti-camp trigger lol
- Modify the points system -> What I’m saying is that it would be 100% better if getting points would be based on the rank of the enemy you kill and based on how you kill him (noscop, headshot, jumpshot)
(For example : I’m currently top 54 or something like that with roughly 2300 points. If a player top 600 with 1100 points kills me, instead of getting 5 points like everyone gets when you kill someone, he will earn 10 points (I just chose 10 randomly). And add to that the fact that he killed me with a noscop, + 3 points (still randomly)!
So basically, he earned 13 points and that’s a lot but deserved given that I have a higher rank than him.)
- Reduce the amount of points you get when you kill someone with your knife -> It’s literally an awp server… It’s extremely easy to bhop and strafe on this server and, therefore, some guys abuse this feature and just never use their awp but only their knives… I know that it’s allowed to use your knife lol but when your knife becomes your awp, it’s a kinda sad.
I’m not asking to remove the knife ofc because I know they have fun in this way, and that’s not a shitty way to have fun, but only to reduce the points you get with a knife kill, maybe 1 or 2 points by knife kill. I’m pretty sure it would make them use the awp a little bit more as it supposed to be!
- Don't lose points when you are killed -> For me, it’s the main issue about this system… If you kill someone, you gets 5 points. If you are killed, you loose 5 points. It’s that simple. But it’s so terrible… Because it forces indirectly players to actually play their lives as if it was a faceit game… I can’t blame them because, if you try hard the rank, you just don’t want to play 1 hour to earn only 15 points lol..
I use to play on other servers with this kind of points system and ranking system (an only HS deagle server for example) and you don’t loose points when you die. I can tell that players don’t actually play as if dying was an issue for their rank. They don’t hold lines from the spawn for example ^^
So that’s it, I guess it’s enough I’m not gonna lie
but anyways, I just wanted to point out how much this server has changed since few weeks now and it’s kind of sad given I’m a regular player and maybe the admin playing the most on this server :/
Upvote
6










