New DOD is garbage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giggles84

Rookie
Joined
Jun 25, 2008
Messages
99
I and bullet agree so far that the update has made dod a pile of garbage, its hard not to use provanity when relaying this subject. They made it like any other fps, super fast and the game seems like it has lost its unique value. The mg you can fling around faster than any other gun... which is impossible in real life. The support class has less recoil then it did before, I didnt notice any other things yet since I played it for like an hour and didnt feel like playing anymore. Can anyone else voice their opinions on this matter?

btw Im sure anyone that loves css loves this new patch.
 
the mg could be slower they coulda said something about this earlier besides the beta pretty much it
 
I cant even get on our servers yet with the new dod format :(

That's the same for me on some. And also, did it take off the admin access? Cause' I went on the Strand Server, (which was Ava at the time) and my name was just Caine, and I had no admin access.
 
The mg you can fling around faster than any other gun... which is impossible in real life. The support class has less recoil then it did before
btw Im sure anyone that loves css loves this new patch.

I concur, the rediculous mg sensitivity is...rediculous. I also noticed the assault class seems to be much more deadly, I was making long range shots much better than the older version. I'm gonna miss the uniqueness of older DOD, but it won't stop me from playing since the WWII aspect is still there...kind of.
 
Servers are being worked on. Admin is down for DOD right now and I am working on it.

Ava/Donner server is on a third party box and DGX is not responding to my emails, text msg's, voice mails. No eta
 
I like the update... save one thing... the rocket damage decrease, it makes it much much harder to get kills... nades are better than rocket now :(
 
oh god i knew it...
i really hope they will change the rocket thing again... i liked it before
and then i think that assault has become a litle too much long range weapon...
i also hope they will change the MG thing just a litle :P
 
I love it!!! this is just my opinion, but i think they just made the game less noob-friendly.... Some guns may be stronger, but it just means only the best can survive.... :D
 
Personally it makes me more interested in day of defeat, did the graphics change at all?
 
i hate it! I cant even play anymore. This update is torture. When i'm in game my screen chops up into a bunch of rainbow lines and when i fire, its shoots out little squares from my guy.
 
Oh man, i havent logged in since the update... I dont even want to..


What exactly did they do to the MG?
 
I TOTALLY AGREE. IT SUCKS!!!!

I am having a problem with this that I had with BETA. When I approach an enemy I start lagging bad. The previous dod did not do that. Any one else experience this?
 
It will taking some getting use to. But in the end people, this is the new DOD, learn to love it :).
 
I TOTALLY AGREE. IT SUCKS!!!!

I am having a problem with this that I had with BETA. When I approach an enemy I start lagging bad. The previous dod did not do that. Any one else experience this?

Did you tune down all your settings. This probably has to something to do with your video-card. They used a new, slightly heavier engine to run DoD and that right there could be the problem you're having.

So tune down all your settings in Options>Video.

And for everybody that hates the update now, i think you've never played DoD 1.3, because if you did, you would have loved it! Don't say you hate a game after playing it for less then a day, it takes some getting used to...
 
Update is weird........ messed up all my vid settings but no big deal...... not liking the smoke from nades kills my vid card i guess.. 7100 Geforce is cant handle it i guess. :P but ya all auto weapons can shoot way to far down field........ when can a guy with pistol kill from almost a football field across....... Also if none of you have ran into it there is a glitch with crawling and sprinting that is the MOST annoying move ever.... go go flying on teh ground....
 
I like the ability to run through players, dislike the way they messed with the Rocket (arrgghh), and hate the deathscreenie thing.

They also seemed to work on the rifle class, so its easier to get kills.
 
Well, I agree that there are some negaritve changes.

But, personaly for me this game just became a lot better - I just love earning achievements - I just feel incredebly satisfied when i get all of them:D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top