Minecraft Not Planned Add Light Dev Blocks to Shop

4g0tt3nSou1

All you had to do was follow the D*** Train, CJ
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
1,206
Minecraft has a few "dev" blocks which are either only obtainable from commands or creative mode, One of which is a Light "source" block, which is an invisible block that emits light level 15/15 from the block. This block is equivalent to Glowstone, Redstone Lamps, Sea Lanterns, beacons, and Jack-o-lanterns, However, the block itself is invisible, and only has a visible texture when you hold other light source blocks out. These are VERY useful for fixing or otherwise lighting up areas where one of those previous options is aesthetically matching.

I propose we should be able to purchase them from the spawn shop for some amount of money, because they serve the same tangible benefits as other lighting blocks, but can be utilized more freely in more builds compared to other methods, keeping an aesthetic pure. They also would help out some of us who are using shaders make even prettier visuals.

Overall, there is 0 drawback to including them into the shop, as it's just a tool to make things pretty and occupies the same space as any other method.
 
Upvote 1
Here’s a drawback: I haven’t played in a little while but to my knowledge, you must be in creative mode to interact with all dev blocks or be using a dev stick, which also required creative mode, unfortunately. I love the look of sourceless light but I don’t think we could even use them
 
Here’s a drawback: I haven’t played in a little while but to my knowledge, you must be in creative mode to interact with all dev blocks or be using a dev stick, which also required creative mode, unfortunately. I love the look of sourceless light but I don’t think we could even use them
OK, Because I was pretty sure it just checked if it was "in hand", I checked, Unfortunately, you ARE correct, you have to be in creative to break them, HOWEVER, I believe that to be easily rectifiable via a server-side plugin, based on a simple check if user is in survival, has a lightblock, and the block they are clicking on is a light block, then break or something, I'm going to research, For now I'd suggest we ignore that limitation and base this suggestion on whether or not they should be added, I believe we can get around that limitation.

EDIT:
Quick Google Search and I found a spigot plugin that would accomplish this, and more.
https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/lightblockz.95363/
https://github.com/ItsAZZA/LightBlockZ
It IS Depreciated, however if I can find this with a two-second google search, I wouldn't be surprised if there is a maintained, trusted, and compatible plugin for this, and even if there isn't, we could totally fork something and get something like this added, assuming our glorious overlords @ tech would be willing to do so and put a bit of time into making it work. The repo itself actually looks pretty human-readable, and straight forward.
 
Last edited:
OK, Because I was pretty sure it just checked if it was "in hand", I checked, Unfortunately, you ARE correct, you have to be in creative to break them, HOWEVER, I believe that to be easily rectifiable via a server-side plugin, based on a simple check if user is in survival, has a lightblock, and the block they are clicking on is a light block, then break or something, I'm going to research, For now I'd suggest we ignore that limitation and base this suggestion on whether or not they should be added, I believe we can get around that limitation.

EDIT:
Quick Google Search and I found a spigot plugin that would accomplish this, and more.
https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/lightblockz.95363/
https://github.com/ItsAZZA/LightBlockZ
It IS Depreciated, however if I can find this with a two-second google search, I wouldn't be surprised if there is a maintained, trusted, and compatible plugin for this, and even if there isn't, we could totally fork something and get something like this added, assuming our glorious overlords @ tech would be willing to do so and put a bit of time into making it work. The repo itself actually looks pretty human-readable, and straight forward.
Fantastic, if we can make it work, I'm all for!
+1
 
I like this idea because it can also be used to reduce the use of string to hold things up which always looks a slight be strange.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top