Battlefield server and group to be dropped 3/8

jtipton.

Even this shall pass away
Legacy Members
Joined
Dec 23, 2010
Messages
6,677
Battlefield and the Heavy Metal server will be dropped by EdgeGamers on 3/8. This is due to several issues in the community and with our small numbers. It's been a hell of a ride people, hope to see you around the community and on the Battlefield in the future.
 
Damn. Hell of a run fellas. Can't believe how long Heavy Metal stuck it out at basically max capacity and number 1 for years on end. I was happy to play BC2 and BF4 with you guys in the past (it's been a long time now) and always enjoyed the crew. But I understand the loss of old game servers after seeing our DoD servers to their ends.

Thanks to the many who stuck it out for ages here and kept things going.
 
Although BF isn't a massive part of eGO, it's hard to fathom the community without it. Some of the members have been here for years, or even a decade or more. Sad to see this part of the community go. As Simon said, it's been one hell of a run.
 
It has been an honor and a pleasure to be a part of BF leadership since BF 4, I get choked up thinking of all the good times we have had doing events and matches, the conversations and laughs will always be VERY fond memories. Having some of the best admins in any game I have ever played with, and in my opinion, the best community I've ever been a part of. In no way do I feel we failed,but, the game failed us and we road that surf board till we got stuck on the beach, then we took over the beach...lol
Now we must ascend to new adventures and new battlefields, we are still here, we'll just be on different servers is all and we can still show the world what edgegamers is all about only in a different way.
 
BFBC2's really the only FPS I've played since Descent 2 and the DOOMS...the tween time was filled mostly with Ages of Empires. Exciting, huh? :) My young (at the time) son recommended the Free2Play version and I got sucked right in. When they reset everyone's gear, I got pizzed off and bought the full version, and it was shortly after that that I found a home here at eGO (under different names here and there, even as admin a couple of times for a couple of years at a stretch).

Anyway, the game has been so much fun and the eGO server has been far and away my #1 choice for gameplay. I've made some good virtual friends here and even a couple of semi-virtual ones on Facebook. Had a couple of doozer pissing matches with Leadership too, mind you, but I never really wanted to go away (obviously). Good people here, reasonable admins ingame, so good people showed up on the regular to play. It's been a blast.

Thanks for keeping it going so long. Cheers.
 
Ditto all of that thanks guys
 

Attachments

  • $_20.JPG
    $_20.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 81
Really sorry to hear this sad news , have had really good times with EdgeGamers and the ladies and gents that I've crossed paths with on the BFBC2 server , even some of the troublesome ones have become good and regular players , had a good ride with EdgeGamers even with the little bumps along the way .

Take care all and for those die hard BC2 players I'm sure to bump into you on a server , this is the only game for me and the players keep it fun and interesting .
 
Although I am not involved within the Battlefield community, I do know one thing, you guys had a hell of a ride, and hey all that matters is the memories you've made and the friends you have cherish within Battlefield. Props to the Leadership of BF for keeping and sustaining the servers for months or years on end. Same goes with other LE who have came by and went by as time went forward. Truly props to this Division and its rich history to sadly come to an end.

Maybe in another universe.. o7 ~ aln
 
The world is chaning. And so do eGO... As the only Bad Compagny Admin in my part of the world - I feel it as a great loss. Any way bad Compagny will still be a big part of my gaming world. And so will all the cyberfriend I have got from the world. Stay safe and happy - and if Good will - then we meet on an other server in the future...
 
Last edited:
WOW guys, I just got in to play a game today and KRAMM told me about the server going down. I just want to say it's been an honour and privilege and damn good fun playing with all you lovely people. what a great 12 years of gaming and what a great server. Thanks again and hope to see some of ya around. Cheers!
It was a total pleasure to have you in our server , I remember gaming with you way back in Atacama as Rhee Sykler
 
I worry about the old timers and where they will go to find a place to go and hang out. If it is just about the money for the server cost, I would pitch in if needed. There is no other game that I play that is in the Ego realm, so it will be the end of me here also. I knew this day would come but am not ready for it. This game is older than dirt, but game makers seem to forget what made games good. I have bought and played the other BF games and have been disappointed every time. I hope they find their way and make something awesome again. BF 2 is where I got hooked in 2005 and BFBC2 was great as well. I don't know the circumstances about this decision, but I feel like we have been hung out to dry.
 
I worry about the old timers and where they will go to find a place to go and hang out. If it is just about the money for the server cost, I would pitch in if needed. There is no other game that I play that is in the Ego realm, so it will be the end of me here also. I knew this day would come but am not ready for it. This game is older than dirt, but game makers seem to forget what made games good. I have bought and played the other BF games and have been disappointed every time. I hope they find their way and make something awesome again. BF 2 is where I got hooked in 2005 and BFBC2 was great as well. I don't know the circumstances about this decision, but I feel like we have been hung out to dry.
I feel the same way , just tried to play Counter Strike and thought it was garbage as well as some other game that EdgeGamers has like 8 servers for , not my cup of tea for sure , don't like all the other BF games either , guess it will be goodbye for me also .
 
Last edited:
The offices of Kramm and Associates would like to thank the eGo group for all the good times over the years. Lots good times. I will pitch in as well if there is a new home. Until then "Kreme de la Kram, youve been Krammed." Over and out.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top