What eGO was to me

I just finished setting up a Nexus " Project Rome" server , Alt-F4 AlterEgo , it has been running for approximately 3 days now , so when EA finally closes the door on us we can still enjoy killing each other and laugh about it .
 
I never knew what eGO was to me until it stopped supporting the game I played (Battlefield), it was where my friends and I met to game,but it was also my place to vent. In some ways it became my psychiatrist, as I had a place to talk about my combat experiences, big thank you to JTipton for that.
I often sat in Team speak alone at night and would get randomly pulled into another channel just to talk with other members, I enjoyed the hell out of that, more often than not I rarely spoke to anyone other than BF members and when they would pull me into their channel, it spoke VOLUMES of what eGO is REALLY about, being a community. I miss this very much now.
It feels like a very big part of me is now gone, and I have no clue as to how to heal it. At least I have my wife and our small group of friends in World of Warcraft, but, it just isn't the same.
I know things progress,but, there are times, that I wish they didn't have to, and this is for sure one of those times for me. Reminds me of a song from the 80's titled "Don't know what you got, till it's gone", nothing could be further from the truth than that.
Crazy memories. Hard to believe I joined this community 14 years ago, and still pop in to check on things once in a while. Wild times for sure.
 
I just finished setting up a Nexus " Project Rome" server , Alt-F4 AlterEgo , it has been running for approximately 3 days now , so when EA finally closes the door on us we can still enjoy killing each other and laugh about it .
How is Nexus?
 
It is awesome , no more EA login problems , everything runs super smooth , a lot of servers are empty all the time it seems and a lot of players never made the transition , which is so easy to do , just copy a small file to BC2 directory and create an account on VeniceUnleashed.net .
 

Latest posts

Back
Top