Annoying advertising

Angrytony

Rookie
Joined
Oct 26, 2007
Messages
35
I wanted to post this picture of a popup that occurs like every 5 minutes and sometimes gets me killed, does anyone else notice it? And do you think we can remove this message that goes half way across the screen partially covering the sights?
 
Wow, my computer's resolution sucks compared to everyone elses, anyone know what the cheapest price for an ok gaming comptuer???B/c I have a Dell laptop that runs games, but the graphics arn't very good, and that's half the fun....
 
I'm set to 1280x1024, I had to shrink the picture to get it in the forums. It's the highest res possible, but I'll look at that CAL hud, thanks.
 
CAL HUD should help then, when you install it look at the options it has.. you can reduce the size of the fonts.
 
***Additional Bug***

When that advertisement comes up on the server (noticed on flash) you cannot switch weapons w/ the keyboard (1,2,3...) you can only switch w/ the scroll wheel.

Please, please fix or remove advertisement for now. I cant switch weapons in the middle of fighting when that comes up.
 
***Additional Bug***

When that advertisement comes up on the server (noticed on flash) you cannot switch weapons w/ the keyboard (1,2,3...) you can only switch w/ the scroll wheel.

Please, please fix or remove advertisement for now. I cant switch weapons in the middle of fighting when that comes up.

Bahh duel beat me to the punch..... but ya very annoying glich
 
Is this a DoD server issue? Could you give a little more information please? :)

6.
 
Desertfox, I tried that CAL HUD and it looked nice, but it messes up my Achievement screen. The achievements appear all red. Anyone else experience that with the mod?
 
6,

When that white advertisement on the side comes up, it disables your number keys. It works similar to the text at the beginning of a round on our CS:S servers, and you can hit 0 to dismiss it, but it's annoying as hell.

The sheer number of advertisements I've noticed in DoD is really distracting, especially since most of them are in the neon green text and it makes sorting out the admin chat a little more difficult. Add the output from the ADMINSEEALL plugin to this, and it gets cluttered incredibly fast (playing at 1680x1050).

Is it possible to change the presentation of the adverts (the TF2 adverts appear in the lower center of the screen, not in the chatbox. They're much less intrusive, and there seem to be far fewer of them. I feel like I need a popup blocker for DoD =P

- Dryft
 
Back
Top