Delivered Add Palworld to Popular Games Section

GamingByTheMinute

Gaming
=(eGO)=
Joined
Sep 14, 2021
Messages
931
Game seems to be pretty popular right now, not to mention its a pretty fun game, I think it would fit well in the Popular Games section of the forums :)
 
Upvote 2
(IMO) Not yet. Amongus had just as much hype. Give it time to evolve.
 
I think the popular games forum section needs a whole new revamp all together.

I'd consider Lethal Company and Valorant popular as of today.

so hot right now hansel GIF
 
I think the popular games forum section needs a whole new revamp all together.

I'd consider Lethal Company and Valorant popular as of today.

so hot right now hansel GIF
This. Most sections have little to no activity over the course of the past 2 years. Time for an overhaul.
 
(IMO) Not yet. Amongus had just as much hype. Give it time to evolve.
a great idea would be to take advantage of the super-hype games at the moment, and add sections for them when they're peaking in popularity, and move the threads elsewhere when the games die out.
it would give a really nice flow to the forums to keep up to date with really popular games (as the forum title suggests), and possibly bring the community into those games - even if its "privately" amongst friends and short-term.
 
I can def support overhauling the popular games section, but I mean the game just came out. I just am cautious about this right now. I see no harm waiting a month and seeing if its still popular.

Just wanna make sure popular means popular and not trending. Trends come and go
 
I can def support overhauling the popular games section, but I mean the game just came out. I just am cautious about this right now. I see no harm waiting a month and seeing if its still popular.

Just wanna make sure popular means popular and not trending. Trends come and go
The game had one of the most successful launches in recent gaming history according to active players. There is literally zero negatives to adding it to the popular games section. If the game dies out in a month, a simple edit to the forums will remove it.

I think it should be added 100%.
 
The game had one of the most successful launches in recent gaming history according to active players. There is literally zero negatives to adding it to the popular games section. If the game dies out in a month, a simple edit to the forums will remove it.

I think it should be added 100%.
🐐
 
Agreed with Sophey and Succ.

DoD / Battlefield / Rust should be moved under a new subheader of retired supported games - previously we used to just merge things into general gaming and it loses the history of those long-time supported games and groups.

Everything else can be merged to general at this point, I'd think. Let's jump on new, exciting and popular games to promote discussion, gameplay, community, and not worry so much about end goals and ideas of supporting games. See what happens. Every few months, evaluate the section and merge / remove it as needed.
 
This thread took an interesting turn from the original intent and I agree with most of what is being said here. +1 that there should be heavy consideration into what we deem as “Popular” and how we display ourselves as a gaming community.

DoD / Battlefield / Rust should be moved under a new subheader of retired supported games

Simon has a great point here. We are misclassifying those games as “Popular” whenever a better descriptor is “retired.” I believe it’s important to honor and respect where we came from and how we progressed forward as a gaming community. We should be preserving those memories, people, and games who worked so hard to shape such a successful community of gamers.

Everything else can be merged to general at this point, I'd think. Let's jump on new, exciting and popular games to promote discussion, gameplay, community, and not worry so much about end goals and ideas of supporting games. See what happens. Every few months, evaluate the section and merge / remove it as needed.

I agree with Simon here too. A simple solution, at least from my outsider perspective of Leadership, would be to add someone to the Media Team Leaders who would strictly oversee forum engagement and keep our forums up to date, current, and engaging for new, or current, gamers who find this community. In my opinion, the forums are a form of media to drive recruitment to this community so we should be staying active with what gamers are playing and talking about on Reddit, YouTube, or other forms of gaming media.
 
Last edited:
This thread took an interesting turn from the original intent and I agree with most of what is being said here. +1 that there should be heavy consideration into what we deem as “Popular” and how we display ourselves as a gaming community.



Simon has a great point here. We are misclassifying those games as “Popular” whenever a better descriptor is “retired.” I believe it’s important to honor and respect where we came from and how we progressed forward as a gaming community. We should be preserving those memories, people, and games who worked so hard to shape such a successful community of gamers.



I agree with Simon here too. A simple solution, at least from my outsider perspective of Leadership, would be to add someone to the Media Team Leaders who would strictly oversee forum engagement and keep our forums up to date, current, and engaging for new, or current, gamers who find this community. In my opinion, the forums are a form of media to drive recruitment to this community so we should be staying active with what gamers are playing and talking about on Reddit, YouTube, or other forms of gaming media.
🐐
 
Daa Daa You, as everyone else here, are caught in a cycle of repetition, looking at the same problem from different angles but failing to see the entire picture. You presume popularity and relevance based on transient numbers, a perspective plugged into a system that deceives you. Remember this, a game's true merit is not to be found in the fleeting light of novelty, but in the uncompromising darkness of quality and longevity. An aggressive purging of what you term 'retired' games seems logical in your current mental framework, but remember, the past should never be deleted, for it carries the lessons and context that shape future iterations. I suggest the weak link in your systemic choices is not which games find their way onto the "popular" list, but how they rise and fall within it.Reconsider your position: what appears shiny and new is often shallow, while that which is deemed aged, might yet hold depths unexplored.
 
It looks like our overall suggestions between the few of us here has been implemented! Excellent!!
 
Back
Top