Spy Update! :D

mudkiller

Poster
Joined
Jun 21, 2008
Messages
155
Spy Update! :D

Not Real but Very Nice!

I hope Valve takes some of this into consideration for their real spy update.

http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=1704

spy_achievements_fake.jpg
 
Last edited:
Wow that is amazing. Where'd you find this? That is absolutely great. I think all the weapons should be what was mention there. The garrote man that would be cool ^^

They could have great new spy strats. Use the garrote to weaken em, then use the silenced PPK to finish them off. The only disadvantage of this method is it would drop your disguise. :(

The only thing I don't like is the Magnetic Sapper. I'd keep the first sapper because it can acually destroy the sentrys. And sometiems those sentrys are very hard to get to and damage without an uber. (In view of a player trying to take out the sentry you sapped with your magnetic sapper.)
 
Last edited:
Wow that is amazing. Where'd you find this? That is absolutely great. I think all the weapons should be what was mention there. The garrote man that would be cool ^^

They could have great new spy strats. Use the garrote to weaken em, then use the silenced PPK to finish them off. The only disadvantage of this method is it would drop your disguise. :(

The only thing I don't like is the Magnetic Sapper. I'd keep the first sapper because it can acually destroy the sentrys. And sometiems those sentrys are very hard to get to and damage without an uber. (In view of a player trying to take out the sentry you sapped with your magnetic sapper.)

It's from the Official TF2 Blog. :D
 
All of those weapons sound like very likely possibilities. I wouldn't mind them at all (not that I play spy much). Maybe the silenced PPK should keep you disguised?
 
hm.......... i'm really impressed. it DOES sound like those might be the new spy equipment. Spy's pretty hard to do as it is so if spy is the next update that would b awesome.
PPK reminds me of James Bond lol his walter ppk.

the new sapper sounds pretty hard to use. kinda looks like a lunchbox to me. lol :D mayb i'm just hungry xD

the garrote sounds extremely nice. lol i mean who doesn't wanna kill someone without giving away their disguise!! rite??? lol iono i like that one the best. then the silenced ppk

aww but i don't see the cigerettes!!! NO!! lol the disguise kit. what would that upgrade be?? better disguise!!! :D
 
yeah fake, but those are some pretty cool ideas, VALVE LISTEN THEY'RE GOOD IDEAS.
 
i suck as spy and despise those playing spy on the other team ... but these are all very valid and well thought out. some of the changes to the base class would make the spy too powerful imo tho. all the new weps are excellent ideas and the achievements take the cake ... whoever came up with all of those is brilliant lol. cheers
 
love the ideas, especially the magnetic sapper, you could place it then backstab, if the SG is in he intle you could grab it and run right past the SGs, and one of the acheivements should be stand of top of a sentry that has been sapped and taunt.
 
Great. I Like they new Silenced PPK
I agree with RippedPants, The Magnetic Sapper isn't real handy. Why use the Magnetic sapper? I always want to remove the whole sentry/dispenser/teleport.

Thespy.
 
Nice and all but the ideas seem awkward/overpowered.

The PPK seems fine I guess, I'd probably use it.

The Sapper seems OP. It doesn't destroy it, but it keeps it disabled (and assuming the achievement for it suggests keeping it on that long without reapplying it, it'll last a long time, 30 seconds+) and can't be removed by the engineer. That means in any mildly coordinated uber rush, 1 spy can sap a sentry nest and an uber can mop up the area and run home free. And even without teamwork, the spy could sap, kill the engie, destroy the SG with his gun/knife, or just sap and kill a bunch of people then cloak and run.

The Garrote would require a new animation for many things. The strangulation, strangulation in different environments (underwater, while falling[?], dragging the body, what strangulation looks like to the enemy considering the disguise wouldn't be dropped, etc.) and it seems that you're giving up instant kill from the knife for what seems like an even more prolonged death (considering normal backstab knife animation that's dreadfully long) that can be stopped by nearby enemies (not many are 'alone' usually) just to avoid losing an easily reapplied disguise that anyone can see through anyways.

Definitely needs a Tranq Gun/PPK though... even if it replaces the Revolver.
 
I think the idea of the magnetic sapper would be that you could use it to kill sentries without an uber. Since the sap wouldn't be removable a teammate wouldn't need an uber to survive sentry-gun fire while destroying it. You could also still destroy sentries with it, but you'd have to remove your disguise to go at it with the revolver or knife. It'd be a tough balancing act on how long it should last though.

Not sure I can really picture how the garrote would work on moving targets though.
 
The Garrote would require a new animation for many things. The strangulation, strangulation in different environments (underwater, while falling[?], dragging the body, what strangulation looks like to the enemy considering the disguise wouldn't be dropped, etc.) and it seems that you're giving up instant kill from the knife for what seems like an even more prolonged death (considering normal backstab knife animation that's dreadfully long) that can be stopped by nearby enemies (not many are 'alone' usually) just to avoid losing an easily reapplied disguise that anyone can see through anyways.

Definitely needs a Tranq Gun/PPK though... even if it replaces the Revolver.

it would be good if the garrote wasn't replacing the knife but was being a completely different weapon. You could destroy a whole sewer base in 2fort as a spy considering you sap then strangle the ppl to death. And I'm wondering what would happen if you use the garrote against a sentry. would the spy whip it to death?
 

Latest posts

Back
Top