Try Mojave!

Its not a new operating system. They told people it was an early version of Windows 7. They believed them, and then MS told them it was really Vista. I think you are correct on the code name for 7 as Vienna.
 
Its not a new operating system. They told people it was an early version of Windows 7. They believed them, and then MS told them it was really Vista. I think you are correct on the code name for 7 as Vienna.

Of course it's not. Microsoft tricked them into thinking it was new. They were using Vista all along. Most people who hate Vista haven't even tried it. Therefore, when they see "Mojave", they're like, "Oh, it's not Vista, it must be ok".

Never heard of Moojave. The next windows is called Windows 7 codenamed Windows Vienna (Windows Vista codename was longhorn)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_7

Windows 7 (Vienna) is not a new OS, it's an update to Vista. Microsoft uses the tick-tock release pattern.

Mojave is NOT a new OS. There's no such thing. It is a trick Microsoft uses to get users to give Vista a legitimate chance.

~Gooda~
 
I LOVE vista. I've has it for a long time now and I don't know why so many people hate it. (Probably because they have old computers that can't handle it xD) I haven't had anything terribly go wrong with it. <3

Thats a great experiment by the way.
 
Last edited:
I died laughing when someone told me about the site, and laughed even harder when I actually saw some of the videos. 'Course the buddy that told me about it is stuck with a MacBook Pro for work and has to use Crossover to play TF2.
 
Windows 7 (Vienna) is not a new OS, it's an update to Vista. Microsoft uses the tick-tock release pattern.

Wikipedia said:
Windows 7 (formerly known as Blackcomb and Vienna) is the working name for the next major version of Microsoft Windows as the successor to Windows Vista.[3] Microsoft has announced that it is "scoping Windows 7 development to a three-year timeframe"

Wikipedia lying? Also if it was an update to Vista it would be the SP2.
 
I use Vista on my laptop and like it a lot for what I do on there. However, when it comes to gaming, the extra few hundred megabytes of memory are a plus for me. The "Mojave" experiment was awesome though! I love it when people blame everything on Vista or bash it only because of things they hear.
 
LOL!!

I first thought that vista was crap because it was unstable and the 64 bit system couldnt handle games. But i was like who cares!!! it can handle up to 256 GB yes Giga Bytes of RAM!! So that gives me 8 GB of ram and Vista x64 runs fine with me!!

Sure some games have minor problems but they are easily fixed.!!

The world will become more modern over time!

No drivers for 64 bit in May, in July we have tons of drivers for 64 bits!!

Woot!!

Vista ROCKS MY SOCKS....or Sandels!@
 
Wikipedia lying? Also if it was an update to Vista it would be the SP2.

www.windowsvienna.com said:
Q: So is Vienna going to be a major Windows version?
A: No. Windows Vista was a major release, and Vienna will be a relatively minor, or interim, update. Microsoft is currently on a development path where every other Windows version is a major release.

Like I said, Microsoft uses the tick-tock release pattern. Major-minor-major-minor.

Wikipedia fails.

~Gooda~
 
notice that the interviewed people show no signs of being very tech smart. Vista is great for everday use with common people. Notice they compliment its looks and instant search and security features. But they dont understand the concept of the lag vista causes over windows.
From personal expirience i think vista is harde to navigate thru bcuz of how complicated it it.


I have tried Vista and i dont like it. I would give it a 4/10 bcuz i would use it if i had to, and just because its microsoft.
 
I use Vista for programming - compiling in 3 languages, I also game and do graphic design. I beat the crap out of my machine on a daily basis - and Vista deals with it fine.
Yes there are some issues - mainly having to do with user permissions (damn hidden user accounts messing things up), but other than that - it's better than any other version they have come out with - I have used them all so I can say that.

Now that I done sounding arrogant :-)
Good day sir!
 
Everyone's owning me :(.

So will it be free to any Vista owners?
 
Last edited:
...Insurge...there's no such thing as Mojave. It's not free, and it doesn't cost money.

Oh boy...this will be a long day, I can tell already...

~Gooda~
 
Windows Vista is still crap. I own Vista Home premium and I suppose it's alright to use for web browsing and word processing... The problem with Vista though, is that you need a fairly good computer to use it. Older computers become obsolete, and to run Vista smoothly, you'll have to upgrade to 2 GB of RAM. Ok, that's not too bad, right? Wrong. Vista eats my RAM, so I can't play most of my games. I run out of RAM.

According to the Mojave Project web site, they claim that Vista was running on "average" machines. The recommended system requirements for Vista Home Premium and above are barely what I would consider "average". If my Windows Vista eats almost a whole gig of RAM, how much does that leave for the "average" user?

Folks, Vista flat-out sucks for anything more than writing an email to Dear Aunt Betty. Microsoft is using deceptive advertising.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top