5 Bands that you MUST recommend to others

AWPerator

Thread Thumper
Joined
May 24, 2008
Messages
1,027
In this topic, we list 5 bands that we all know and love, but might be somewhat obscure, and suggest them to other people :D

1) Cinematic Sunrise
2) Anthony Green
3) AFI (I'm talking about the old stuff. Everyone knows about December Underground, but who has actually listened to Shut Your Mouth and Open your Eyes?)
4) Rise Against (Everyone knows Swing Life Away, but I love the other albums by them.)
5) Art of Dying

Post away!
 
1. Crossfade
2. Greenday
3. Weezer
4. Red Hot Chilli Peppers
5. Hed Pe ( 18+ it's a adult rap/rock band but it's pretty decent)

Well I'm done I seriously recommend all 5 if you haven't seen/ heard of them
 
Well, it depends on the genre you like.

1. Rhapsody of Fire (dark metal, totally safe for listening by all, unlike some other metal groups. I believe they are from Italy.)
2. DragonForce (Power metal, with kind of inspiring messages. Plus, holy crap, they are virtuosic, in a weird sort of way)
3. Dave Brubeck Quartet (50's jazz, some of the best stuff on the face of the planet)
4. Focus (70's metal... with yodelling, and various odd instruments, including flute and whistling. From Sweden. Don't judge a book by it's cover, it's actually excellent.)
5. Great Big Sea (Canadian band from St. John's, Newfoundland. Excellent dance music. It's folky sometimes, but I would suggest listening before you judge.)

Music Links :

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8DA4vsgDuI"]Rhapsody of Fire - Emerald Sword[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jgrCKhxE1s"]Dragonforce - Through the Fire and the Flames[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwNrmYRiX_o"]Dave Brubeck Quartet - Take Five[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpV5InLw52U"]Focus - Hocus Pocus[/ame] (give this one a minute or two, it gets awesome after the first minute or so.)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AvkyHCU7XU"]Great Big Sea - Ordinary Day[/ame] (one of their early songs... great song to get you up. The video is... iffy :) )



EDIT : if anyone wants to know more about these bands, PM me! I know a lot about jazz history, and I know a lot about great big sea and rhapsody. The other two a bit less so.
 
Last edited:
1- Foo Fighters (especially their new stuff)
2- Avenged Sevenfold (They may look weird but their awesome)
3- Muse
4- Metallica
5- Matchbox Romance
 
1. They Might Be Giants
2. Rammstein
3. Basshunter
4. DJ Brainsick
5. Basshunter
 
Note: Most people do not like this music, at least where I live but I do. Take caution with all of these. All have profane language. Children of Bodom has language but most cannot be understood :D
1. Avenged Sevenfold
2. Children of Bobom
3. Deathstars
4. Dimmu Borgir
5. My Chemical Romance (despite media claims they are anti-suicide as you can tell by listening to the lyrics)

Nice music Dreadmaker.
 
Last edited:
Nice music Dreadmaker.


I would just like to make a quick point : Children of Bodom was also a very close call for my top five.

I figured I already 2 metal bands in there however. Bodom is, in fact, a different type of metal, and the reason I didn't post is that Both of the ones I posted are safe for all ears. On certain bodom songs, you can't understand what they are saying, but some it's clear enough.

I actually found that if you are mature enough to handle it, they are good for a laugh about how ridiculously awful their messages are. But, they are still a good band, with interesting music.
 
Bela Fleck and the Flecktones

You'll never find a more diverse group of instruments or instrumentalists

steel drums
some sort of drums native to India
Bass
Banjo
saxophone
bassoon
Drumitar (synthisyzer buttons duct taped to a guitar neck/body)

that is all.

Edit:

youtube link to my two favorite songs of theirs:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RCqyzRfChs&feature=related[/ame]
Ah Shu Dekio
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFwrJ1rd_xQ&feature=related[/ame]
Moment so close
 
Last edited:
1) blink-182
2) Yellowcard
3) They Might Be Giants
4) Death Cab For Cutie
5) Falling From Grace (FFG)

blink-182 is the greatest band of all time I like every single song by them
Yellowcard has the greatest album of all time Ocean Avenue, ironically the only song I don't like on that album is Ocean Avenue
They Might Be Giants are classic
Death Cab For Cutie are sotthing
FFG is a local band from where I live Sacramento and are really great

Also the best song of all time is "Time To Pretend" - MGMT
 
Other than the obvious, these are some 'not so popular' bands on my iPhone:

Pennywise
Bullet for my valentine (especially their new album)
Flyleaf
Theory of a deadman
The Donnas
 
Less Than Jake (a great ska/punk band)
The Offspring (one of my all time favorites)
Billy Talent (really good punk band)
Atreyu
Arctic Monkeys
 
Korn
System of a Down
Slipknot
Avenged Sevenfold
Coldplay
 
1. Third Day (Their new album "Revelation" ROCKS!! Also "Wherever You Are" and "Wire")
2. Thousand Foot Krutch (TFK, check out "The Flame in All of Us" and "Phenomenon", my favorite)
3. Kutless (Albums, "Hearts of The Innocent" and"Sea of Faces")
4. dc Talk (Awesome rock band even though they disbanded. The album "Jesus Freak!" is my favorite)
5. Newsboys (Still one of the best bands ever. Can't get over a classic)
 
Back
Top