I think so, as long as you aren't really applying a ton of pressure on the mouse when dragging. You could just get a mouse pad... They have some designed more for gamers, so they aren't like those old nasty cloth ones.
in the mean time you could tape a piece of paper to your keyboard tray LOL, or just make sure that your mouse slides around without scuffing anything and you should be fine. Also temporarily just find an old mouse pad, it is better than nothing.
i have the razer goliathus mouse pad. I would highly sugeest using some sort of pad. I believe the pads on the underside of the lechesis are Teflon and getting a cheap mousepad is better than having to return the mouse or buy a new one.
I just got my lechesis and wouldnt imagine risking it by using it on a wooden surface.