- Joined
- Jun 23, 2007
- Messages
- 2,454
Meh.
I'll pass. :O
Shunned.
Meh.
I'll pass. :O
I hope you realize that the benchmark tests used make all the difference in those test case scenarios. If you need a compare, benchmark tests are kinda like the Closer in baseball, over-hyped, never used correctly, and fail when you need them because they are so case specific.

Come on now. Don't be a hater of the best card on the market. O_O Even if its expensive :O I know you'd want one if they where just giving them away.![]()
Well the next time you get $550 just pop that on over to me through paypal kkthxbai.
As long as you know what they're using in their pc, benchmarks are fine. Its good to see what a different card does on the same exact system in the same games.
*shunns wally*
(but really I'm just passing 'cause I don't have $550. <.<)
Meh.
I'll pass. :O
http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/sapphire_4870x2/
http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon-hd-4870-x2-review-crossfire/1
4870x2, for whatever reason, is fantastic on CoD4. But in Crysis the cheaper GTX 280 does better. (in the Guru3d review.)
4870 X2 does better in 3Dmark, no surprise considering its huge 2 gigs of memory. Its also better in F.E.A.R and somewhat better in Stalker. (Although, all the cards are over 100fps. in those tests.)
So for me, the $100 difference between the GTX 280 and the 4870 X2 right now is enough for me to get the NVidia. My monitor is only 1280x1024, so all that memory doesn't do much for me. :O