4870 x2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you realize that the benchmark tests used make all the difference in those test case scenarios. If you need a compare, benchmark tests are kinda like the Closer in baseball, over-hyped, never used correctly, and fail when you need them because they are so case specific.

As long as you know what they're using in their pc, benchmarks are fine. Its good to see what a different card does on the same exact system in the same games.

*shunns wally*

(but really I'm just passing 'cause I don't have $550. <.<)
 
Last edited:
Come on now. Don't be a hater of the best card on the market. O_O Even if its expensive :O I know you'd want one if they where just giving them away. :D
 
You'll need more than 550 cause you're going to buy some heatsinks, power supplies, electric bills that will double.
 
As long as you know what they're using in their pc, benchmarks are fine. Its good to see what a different card does on the same exact system in the same games.

*shunns wally*

(but really I'm just passing 'cause I don't have $550. <.<)

I'm not saying that consistency is a bad thing. I'm just saying throwing up a bunch of graphs with incomprehensible numbers is stupid. Explain what each device does and what it means to its competitors. I should have read page 16-19 on your second link with a little more vigor. (My bad)

I still don't like the first review. It doesn't show that the slight advantages here and there are because of the system they use and the different architectures of each card. Personally, I look at architecture of a card, build my system (if its a gaming one) around that architecture to maximize performance. NVIDIA and ATI are very different with the way they do things.
 
Manufacturer recomendation for a single 4870 + components is a 750w PSU.... a 1200w would do you fine for all of your components + the x2.

Meh.

I'll pass. :O

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/sapphire_4870x2/
http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon-hd-4870-x2-review-crossfire/1

4870x2, for whatever reason, is fantastic on CoD4. But in Crysis the cheaper GTX 280 does better. (in the Guru3d review.)

4870 X2 does better in 3Dmark, no surprise considering its huge 2 gigs of memory. Its also better in F.E.A.R and somewhat better in Stalker. (Although, all the cards are over 100fps. in those tests.)

So for me, the $100 difference between the GTX 280 and the 4870 X2 right now is enough for me to get the NVidia. My monitor is only 1280x1024, so all that memory doesn't do much for me. :O

nVidia was making drivers specifically for Crysis for a while, not to mention the nvidia cards include PhysX (Correct me if I'm wrong). It's expected that the nVidia cards would perform better for a card they were designed to play, at least I think so.
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top