Overclocking Single Core Processor

frap

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Jun 12, 2008
Messages
2,032
Hey guys,

Right now I have a single core AMD Sempron 3400+ 1.99 GHZ processor. I plan on upgrading within this month, but for now I want more GHZ on the processor so I can run crysis/age of conan a little bit better. Does anyone know how to overclock a single core, or any websites that show how? That would be great. I know my processor sucks...but right now I've got 350 bucks saved up for my computer stuff, and am going to get paid for work soon, so I should have enough money by the end of the month to get a quad core and a new motherboard/power supply :D.

Thanks!
 
It would help if you can give us the manufacturer and model of your motherboard. Often times, specific guides have been made to help people overclock on certain boards.
 
Also, don't overclock anything that you can't afford to immediately toss in the trash.

So keep in mind this may not be the best moment to not only learn how to o/c, but to experiment on your setup and its limitations. You could end up with a dead something (not always the cpu that dies) and a throbbing headache.
 
Hmmmm

Here is my motherboard:

Motherboard description

* Motherboard manufacturer's name: ASUS A8AE-LE

CPU/Processor

* Socket: 939
* Supports AMD Athlon64, AMD Sempron and Athlon 64 X2 processors

Front-side bus (FSB)

* 2000MT/s or 1600MT/s, depending on what the processor supports

Chipset

* Northbridge: RS482

* Southbridge: SB400

BIOS features

* 4Mb LPC EEPROM
* HP BIOS with enhanced ACPI, DMI, Green, and PnP Features Plus

Form factor

* ATX form factor, 9.6 in x 9.6 in

Memory

* Dual-channel memory architecture
* 4 x 184-pin DDR DIMM sockets support unbuffered non-ECC 4 GB 400/300 MHZ DDR memory modules
* Maximum approved memory is 4 GB*



NOTE: *Actual available memory may be less
Expansion slots

* Three PCI
* One PCI Express (No AGP slot)

Video graphics

* Integrated (I now have an 8800GT)

Serial ATA

* 2 SATA connectors
* Each connector supports 1 serial ATA-150 disk drive

Onboard audio or audio card

*
Controller: AC97 audio
*
Location: Integrated

Onboard LAN

* Realtek 8101L
* 10/100 Mbps LAN PHY

Back panel I/O

* One PS/2 mouse port
* One PS/2 keyboard port
* One VGA (monitor)
* One Parallel
* Four USB (2.0)
* One IEEE 1394
* One RJ-45 networking port
* One S/PDIF out
* Audio (line in, line out, microphone)

Internal connectors

* One 24-pin ATX power connector
* One 4-pin ATX power connector
* Two IDE connectors
* Two SATA connectors
* One floppy drive connector
* One CPU fan connector
* One System fan connector (also known as duct or chassis fan)
* One system indicator LEDs / power switch / reset button connector
* One each, front headphone, microphone in, line in (Aux-in)
* One front panel power and LED connectors
* Two USB connectors supporting 4 additional USB 2.0 ports
* One IEEE 1394a connector supporting one 1394a port
 

Latest posts

Back
Top