Motherboard not 775?

mainly because that's a dell motherboard, a LOT of dells stuff is proprietary, meaning you can't just go out and replace stuff on it. it's socket 775 but it's made different by dell so you can't replace the heatsink.

Doing things like that could cause dmg to the system and they don't want people messing with their computers basically.

From the looks of the motherboard in that picture, your not gonna find that works I would guess...unless you go on dell's website and order a "replacement heatsink" for that model
 
It appears to be 775. In what way does it not fit? Do the holes not line up? Are there any heatsink holes for that matter? Are there resistors or heatsinks around the CPU socket getting in the way? From the pictures I'm looking at, the CPU appears to be at a 45 degree angle, that may create problems when getting aftermarket cooling to work.
 
The holes are just to spread out. Eh, I'll just save the heatsink for when I finally salvage enough money to make my own computer.
 
The DELL hsf probably has a slightly different mounting aparatus for the dell machine.. something that people will never order anywhere else if it goes out.. gotta replace from them.

That totally sucks..
 

Latest posts

Back
Top