ati card on evga board?

Blue Stealth

EGO Is My Life!
Joined
Jun 21, 2008
Messages
6,201
this question is for ati pro's like walmart :P

Will an ati 4870X2 work on an EVGA 790i ultra motherboard? I know its nforce, but the crossfire is on the card, its not like theres two physical cards. Right? i have no clue. Please help i plan to buy a 4870X2 soon and I need to know what motherboard i can get. I never plan to do crossfire.
 
It will work fine. The Crossfire on the two GPUs occurs on the card itself (dedicated chip). Just don't try to run two of those babies ;)

~Gooda~
 
Yup. Like everyone else is saying. It should work just fine. Right now I have a motherboard with a Nvidia chipset and im running the ATI HD 4850.
Just no crossfire though.

And the 4870x2 runs the same as 2 4870s as I have seen from reviews and benchmarks. The way the card works is it has 2 4870 GPUs on one card, so its not really "2 cards" its 1 card with 2 GPUs.
 
Last edited:
Yup. Like everyone else is saying. It should work just fine. Right now I have a motherboard with a Nvidia chipset and im running the ATI HD 4850.
Just no crossfire though.

And the 4870x2 runs the same as 2 4870s as I have seen from reviews and benchmarks. The way the card works is it has 2 4870 GPUs on one card, so its not really "2 cards" its 1 card with 2 GPUs.

so no power loss at all? great thx guys
 
Technically you can also run Crossfire on nVidia board and vice versa.

HP's gaming pc which I do not remember the name of has the configuration but they do use different type of drivers and neither company has plans to release those information because they are big corporations out there to make money. :)
 
Technically you can also run Crossfire on nVidia board and vice versa.

HP's gaming pc which I do not remember the name of has the configuration but they do use different type of drivers and neither company has plans to release those information because they are big corporations out there to make money. :)

i believe you are referring to the voodoo blackbird002?

yeah thx for the info. Im just tryin to get the hottest video card out. Ive used both ati and nvidia but until now nvidia has been ahead. Amd has finally done somethin right with ati i guess :)
 

Latest posts

Back
Top