AVG Finding a lot of "Warnings"

Joined
May 10, 2008
Messages
209
Using the following anti-virus/spyware applications:
AVG Free
Spyware Doctor (Full registered version)
Adware SE
Spybot

When I run an AVG scan, it is finding literally 420 warnings (all with adware/trojan/etc like names) in a folder marked "ActiveX Compatibility," while none of my other programs find them. These are the only things in my computer that are setting off alarms, and I was wondering since they weren't detected by something like Spyware Doctor, if I should worry about them. Nothing seems to be affecting my performance but I do a good deal of online shopping, don't want anything compromised. :\
Also, if I move to the virus vault, run another scan, they're still there.
 
Last edited:
Using the following anti-virus/spyware applications:
AVG Free
Spyware Doctor (Full registered version)
Adware SE
Spybot

When I run an AVG scan, it is finding literally 420 warnings (all with adware/trojan/etc like names) in a folder marked "ActiveX Compatibility," while none of my other programs find them. These are the only things in my computer that are setting off alarms, and I was wondering since they weren't detected by something like Spyware Doctor, if I should worry about them. Nothing seems to be affecting my performance but I do a good deal of online shopping, don't want anything compromised. :
Also, if I move to the virus vault, run another scan, they're still there.
try uninstalling and reinstalling and see what happens. but keep your vault there when you uninstall, it will ask
 
The simple answer is that they should report different things as each of those programs are meant to do different things. The only program in your list that could possibly find viruses (trojans, backdoors, etc) is AVG. If all four of those programs did the same thing, you'd only need one of them.
 
Spyware does (Duh) Spyware.
Adaware does the same.
Spybot I assume does spyware

Therefore, unless these programs also happen to have virus protection, AVG is probably right.
 
if AVG says you have trojans and backdoor get rid of the virus but if you have like 412 viruses i would reformat..
 

Latest posts

Back
Top