Ok so basically let me start off by saying this. I only own a 15.4 " laptop (core 2 duo 1.6 ghz, 2gb ram, 80gb hd (not enough), 512 mb graphics, built in webcam) and i have never owned a desktop. heck, there isnt even a desktop anywhere in my house! (sad aint it?
). I got a laptop stand so i can put my laptop up and use an external keyboard/mouse so its somewhat like a desktop... xD
So i have saved up a good 2000 from my job (i work on a website for my brother), and im willing to spend as little as possible of my savings
Ive been looking and i think i found the one. im too lazy to build my own so id rather just buy a cheap one already put together. i need a monitor as well. I wanted all your opinions on the following items i have decided on.
The computer (package, comes with a monitor):
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4017316&CatId=2630
The graphics card (definately need an upgrade with that desktop above):
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130318
And the power supply (the one that comes with the desktop isnt enough):
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153052
So what do you guys think of this? I believe this is the best "bang for the buck" but what do you think? I know the processor isnt the best, but im sure i can upgrade if it really isnt enough (which i doubt). I doubt ill be playing crysis on full settings or anything like that, although i do want it to be able to run most games on full settings... like tf2 and such. I have found a place where i could buy a really cheap dell and get a slightly better config for cheaper, but i heard dell sucks and the quality is bad and it wont last more than a year or two. Is this true? And do any of you know anything about lenovo?
Any feedback is appreciated!
-Fuse
ps: im a HUGE multi tasker which means i can have over 10 tabs up at a time, including mozilla with like 20 tabs up xD. I pretty much take my laptop to the max and i want something that can handle more. I want to be able to alt tab out of multible games, chat to 10 people on steam chat, chat on xfire, listen to music, have a video up, have mozilla up, etc and that is what my laptop cannot handle... so im sure the 4gb ram on this desktop will definately come in handy >: D
). I got a laptop stand so i can put my laptop up and use an external keyboard/mouse so its somewhat like a desktop... xDSo i have saved up a good 2000 from my job (i work on a website for my brother), and im willing to spend as little as possible of my savings

Ive been looking and i think i found the one. im too lazy to build my own so id rather just buy a cheap one already put together. i need a monitor as well. I wanted all your opinions on the following items i have decided on.
The computer (package, comes with a monitor):
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4017316&CatId=2630
The graphics card (definately need an upgrade with that desktop above):
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130318
And the power supply (the one that comes with the desktop isnt enough):
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153052
So what do you guys think of this? I believe this is the best "bang for the buck" but what do you think? I know the processor isnt the best, but im sure i can upgrade if it really isnt enough (which i doubt). I doubt ill be playing crysis on full settings or anything like that, although i do want it to be able to run most games on full settings... like tf2 and such. I have found a place where i could buy a really cheap dell and get a slightly better config for cheaper, but i heard dell sucks and the quality is bad and it wont last more than a year or two. Is this true? And do any of you know anything about lenovo?
Any feedback is appreciated!
-Fuse
ps: im a HUGE multi tasker which means i can have over 10 tabs up at a time, including mozilla with like 20 tabs up xD. I pretty much take my laptop to the max and i want something that can handle more. I want to be able to alt tab out of multible games, chat to 10 people on steam chat, chat on xfire, listen to music, have a video up, have mozilla up, etc and that is what my laptop cannot handle... so im sure the 4gb ram on this desktop will definately come in handy >: D
Last edited:










My school uses Lenovo products (both desktops and laptops) and they're pretty reliable. And yes, Dell does suck, and you can't upgrade anything on them cause they glue their parts in.. jk on the gluing part
)









