Im getting a desktop... read this! :)

Oh, well it comes with its own power supply.
If the RAM is only clocked at 667, you'll probably want to buy some more.

If you're getting a 32 bit version of vista, get 1 extra gig.
If you're getting the 64 bit version, get 2 extra gigs, or even more. 4 is fine though

You might want to upgrade your power supply, although I found that my stock power supply from dell powers extra RAM and a high end graphic card perfectly fine.
 
actually you can customize a desktop on their website for INCREDIBLY cheap...

I know!!!! <3 That's what I did. Try your settings for EVERY PC they have on their site. Like they'll list them $350 $400 $600 like that and try them all. What mine was I took the 2nd one by default and cranked it up a bit to match my settings- It was by far the cheapest. I saved like $300 by doing that. The PC you posted from Dell is pretty sweet but the integrated graphics really sucks. When I bought mine I paid $120 bucks more for the ATI 2600XT but now you can get a better card for that price. If you buy a seperate card you might also need a new power supply since Dell's are only like 320W since I know you're interested in the 9600GT. :( Here's my PC from what I bought uh.. I forgot when but around spring.

$620 Insipron
2.33x2 Intel core 2 duo E6550
2 GB ram
250GB HDD
ATI radeon HD 2600XT
Windows Vista premium
No monitor :(

Also RAM is horribly overpriced at dell, its like #80 for 1 GB at 667mhz so try to find some others..
 
Oh, well it comes with its own power supply.
If the RAM is only clocked at 667, you'll probably want to buy some more.

If you're getting a 32 bit version of vista, get 1 extra gig.
If you're getting the 64 bit version, get 2 extra gigs, or even more. 4 is fine though

You might want to upgrade your power supply, although I found that my stock power supply from dell powers extra RAM and a high end graphic card perfectly fine.
Yea i know ill probably buy another cheap 2gb of ram later on from newegg
I know!!!! <3 That's what I did. Try your settings for EVERY PC they have on their site. Like they'll list them $350 $400 $600 like that and try them all. What mine was I took the 2nd one by default and cranked it up a bit to match my settings- It was by far the cheapest. I saved like $300 by doing that. The PC you posted from Dell is pretty sweet but the integrated graphics really sucks. When I bought mine I paid $120 bucks more for the ATI 2600XT but now you can get a better card for that price. If you buy a seperate card you might also need a new power supply since Dell's are only like 320W since I know you're interested in the 9600GT. :( Here's my PC from what I bought uh.. I forgot when but around spring.

$620 Insipron
2.33x2 Intel core 2 duo E6550
2 GB ram
250GB HDD
ATI radeon HD 2600XT
Windows Vista premium
No monitor :(

Also RAM is horribly overpriced at dell, its like #80 for 1 GB at 667mhz so try to find some others..

Yea i tried customizing them all and i got the cheapest one. i want the one with integrated graphics cus its slightly cheaper cus im gonna be buying the 100$ 9600 from newegg... but yea check out the pc specs i posted above, it comes out to be only 550 bux with free shipping! and i slapped a 180$ 22" monitor on it! :P i think imma go with that unless i can get some good reasons why dell sucks...
 
Nothing wrong with Dell..........

Only thing I don't like is their power supply because sometimes most after market parts do not fit.

I guess another thing is that sometimes, you can build a equivalent or better system at near the price.

They are not huge negatives.
 
I'm not too big on computers but I know my Dimension 8300 Dell is 5+ years old and has been running swell without any changes. It runs TF2 smoothly (not at high graphics) and I just upgraded it from 512 mb of RAM to 4 gigs of RAM and its running smoother then ever. It was also EXTREMELY easy to install the RAM sticks and I'm hoping to get a new AGP card since it can't use PCI cards, no 9800xgt for me :( After that video card upgrade I pass the recommended (not minimum) requirements for playing Crysis!

But I'd listen to the more experienced computer pros. Just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in!
 
Thanks for the help guys. I decided to build my own computer though xD :D

This will be fun... i should be buying the parts pretty soon, ill tell u all how it goes :D
 
And i chose this lenovo because it comes with a 19" monitor with it for 500 bux which is amazingly cheap. and like i said ill upgrade the cpu if needed, later on. but for now i think it will be enough.

i dont mean to be rude but you seem to have prioritys wrong. if you get a big monitor now and not good parts then your computer will lag more. if you get a small monitor and powerful parts then you can buy a nice aftermarket monitor (generally better than proprietary junk) later and generally spend less money. dell gives pretty good prices on anything though, but i prefer and love building computers .. i do it daily for customers and sometimes for fun.
 
Dont go dell....... ewww....build your OWN!!

sorry i hate dell.....

read the pm i sent you :)
 
lol yes im going to bulid my own guys. i got all the parts picked out. itll be like 600 for desktop and 200 for monitor, slightly over budget but its fine cus its gonna be awesommmee :D
 

Latest posts

Back
Top