Best Rpg's

PotatoCannon

EGO Zealot
Joined
Jul 19, 2008
Messages
1,519
I have been looking for a good rpg for a long time I have played

Diablo 2
final fantasy
runescape
gunz
soldier front
WoW

and many MANY more but I was wondering if you guys got some good ones.

Im looking for a realistic, medium to long ( month to 3month ) rpg. Many options to choose from and if at all possible online game.

So please help right now im playing diablo 2 and its pretty good but im almost done it!!!!!

ps: please make the games be free. AND I DO NOT DOWNLOAD FROM BITTORRENT
 
Last edited:
Sounds like you would enjoy Fable, or anything from the Elder Scrolls Series: Morrowind or Oblivion. Also the original Neverwinter Nights is awesome and will run on anything.
 
Oblivion and Mass Effect, oh and the always classic Knights of the Old Republic.

But I am looking forward to Fallout 3 even though its not a true full out RPG (but neither are the 3 above lol)
 
Oblivion and Mass Effect, oh and the always classic Knights of the Old Republic.

But I am looking forward to Fallout 3 even though its not a true full out RPG (but neither are the 3 above lol)

Also I hve played knights of old republic best game probally I have ever played so maybe games like that!
 
I mean in the spirit of final fantasy-esk turn based rpg's that really started it all... oblivion was still an action RPG, still incredible but not a true rpg (especially considering that all npc's leveled w/ you.)
 
any game by Bioware, Bethesda, Square/Enix are bound to be awesome. (KotoR, Jade Empire, Mass Effect, Oblivion, Fallout 3, Final Fantasy series)
 
ok Duality I get what you are saying and I'll give you that point. They just don't make them like that anymore though. I am loving the DS FF remakes though!

Hey PotatoCannon. If you want a free one you are going to have a hard time finding something that is quality. The only thing I can think of that will come close to that criteria would be Adventure Quest or maybe Maple Story. I'm just guessing I haven't really played either of those.

Google Free RPG games. That's probably your best bet.
 
I'm sure I'll get laughed at off the forum for this, but you said possibly online RPG? How about a MMORPG? just go to uo.stratics.com .... I myself don't play anymore, but hey, you might like it.. They've got a free pass for 14 days I believe... Check it out man.
 
I'm sure I'll get laughed at off the forum for this, but you said possibly online RPG? How about a MMORPG? just go to uo.stratics.com .... I myself don't play anymore, but hey, you might like it.. They've got a free pass for 14 days I believe... Check it out man.

I checked it out but I talked to my friend who played it and he said it was ok but not my kind of game I want a game that you download go in pick class ( or character ) and start playing.
 
A friend of mine plays a game called Cabal which is free.. some crazy korean mmorpg w/ fantasy and sci-fi elements. It apparently caps out at level 170. I played some, until level 39 or so, its pretty good for a free mmo.
 
Free RPG's are hard to find... there's one out there called Adventure Quest that's a free flash based one. They've put a LOT of work into it, and for what it is, it's really good. It's also got a sister game, who's name escapes me at this point, but you can find a link to it on AQ's site.

If you can manage to find it, there's a really good dungeon crawler out there called Sacred. Similar to Diablo 2.

ALSO: You like games like KOTOR? Get the sequel, or check out Neverwinter Nights. Both are basically based off of D&D 3rd edition rules.
 
I checked it out but I talked to my friend who played it and he said it was ok but not my kind of game I want a game that you download go in pick class ( or character ) and start playing.


Not your kind of game? You take your character from the beginning, total of 100 skill points divided into 3 skills.. From there, you develop your character(s) to whatever you want. You can have archery and taming, or mining and swordsmanship... There's (I think) 53 skills now, and you can mix them together on any character.... Also, there's a TON of PVP and PVM across all of the shards within the game (shard = server....). Anyhow, it's endless in what you can do. You own your own house, you can even customize it to your liking... How it's not anyone's game is beyond me, but I guess if you don't like warriors and wizard medieval games, then... meh.
 
Guild wars, hells gate London for free online

star ocean(ps2) , shadow hearts series(ps2) , shin megami tensei series(ps2), blue dragon(360) , lost odesy(360) are all great for console
 
That free part is the real catch, especially if you don't use torrents.

Best RPGs ever are for PS2. Suikoden I and II (I know this is not helpful, but there's my 2 cents).
 
The best RPG ever(also my favorite game of all time) is Skies of Arcadia.

Hands down the most fun I've ever had playing a game. Seriously one of the best stories ever, superb combat, and it's long.

I played it for Dreamcast originally and then borrowed my friends Gamecube so I could play the Gamecube version. Seriously... pick it up if you can.
 
Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Ahm - hard to beat this masterpiece from Bioware. It's not free and no on-line play, just a good RPG.


Minsc: I grow tired of yelling battle cries when fighting this mage! Boo will finish your eyeballs once and for all so you do not rise again! Evil, Meet my boot! Boot, Meet evil!!!
 

Latest posts

Back
Top