Difference between XP SP2 & 3??

pillar

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Feb 14, 2008
Messages
2,968
Does anyone really notice a difference between SP2 & 3? I just got the info update to receive SP3, but before I get it, I want to know if there is really any big difference overall.
 
i believe it contains all updates for sp2 plus a crapload of security fixes.
 
SP3 makes XP more Vista-like, as far as annoyingness goes. More security junk, etc.
 
Yeah, SP3 was a big security up date...which I can't seem to remember if I installed.
 
Go ahead and get SP3 - it has quite a few security patches, etc. You will not see a major difference in your day-to-day computer experience...most of the updates are "behind the scenes."
 
Yeah, I didn't notice much end-user differences. It's not even close to the differences from sp1 to sp2.
 
It's mainly security fixes. Which, are probably some of the most important updates you'll need on any windows system. Always install security updates for windows. =/
 

Latest posts

Back
Top