Looking for new card to replace my old, same grade or better.

DCL

Rookie
Joined
Oct 23, 2007
Messages
84
Hi, ive an ati Radeon X1950 pro card that is slowly failing, and looking for a good replacement of the same nature, or one that runs a little better. Any suggestions with links i would be very appreciative to. (im getting graphic errors in War Online) 256mb card, 575 MHz (core speed) 1.38 GHz (Memory speed) 36(Pixel shaders processors) 8 (Vertex Shaders)
 
price range???? i would get the 4850 only like 190$ if not cheeper and its a single card solution and it only needs 1 6 pin adapter so its not to bad
 
8800GT if you're on a budget, if you're a bit looser with money, then go with either the 4850 or the 4870

High Budget
Mid Range Budget
Low Budget

Benchmarking

The above shows the results of all three card, the 4850, the 4870, and the 8800. Note that the 8800 used in the above test is slightly better than the one I listed, although not by much.
 
Last edited:
Unless you plan on playing DX10 games or anything brand new I'd just look for another X1950 PRO. GREAT card, overclocks well.

They're probably extremely cheap so might just want to look for another one of those.
 
The Radeon 4850 shreds. I bought the ASUS brand of the Radeon 4850 and it came with a software that I can't live without. SmartDoctor lets you easily control the fan speed by just dragging a slider, or you can set it to operate differently in different temperature ranges (automatically).

I personally recommend the 4850. It rocks.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top