- Joined
- Mar 9, 2008
- Messages
- 408
Made the first steps this morning on a task I've wanted to start for a while but just never really got around to it.
When AMD released their latest chipsets I figured that was a sign, "if you build it, they will come...", with a built in HD 3300 and HDMI it's perfect for what I want.
Have/Ordered:
AMD 4850e 2.5Ghz - 45w TDP (runs VERY cool) + AC Freezer 64 Pro
Foxconn A7DA-S AM2+/AM2 AMD 790GX
4GB (2x2GB) Wintec AmpX DDR2 800Mhz
80GB Seagate 7200.10 (Windows + Software)
LIAN LI PC-C32B Case
Vista Ultimate x64
DVD-Rom
Wireless G NIC
Still Need:
Tv-Tuner
Hardware RAID Card
3x *GB HDDs for RAID5 (Storage)
Wireless Keyboard and Mouse
Any recommendations on the "Needed" parts would be nice, or any opinions or questions are welcome too... Trying to keep the whole system as cool/lower power as possible keep that in mind.
When I get the stuff in I'll update the post with pics and whatnot.
When AMD released their latest chipsets I figured that was a sign, "if you build it, they will come...", with a built in HD 3300 and HDMI it's perfect for what I want.
Have/Ordered:
AMD 4850e 2.5Ghz - 45w TDP (runs VERY cool) + AC Freezer 64 Pro
Foxconn A7DA-S AM2+/AM2 AMD 790GX
4GB (2x2GB) Wintec AmpX DDR2 800Mhz
80GB Seagate 7200.10 (Windows + Software)
LIAN LI PC-C32B Case
Vista Ultimate x64
DVD-Rom
Wireless G NIC
Still Need:
Tv-Tuner
Hardware RAID Card
3x *GB HDDs for RAID5 (Storage)
Wireless Keyboard and Mouse
Any recommendations on the "Needed" parts would be nice, or any opinions or questions are welcome too... Trying to keep the whole system as cool/lower power as possible keep that in mind.
When I get the stuff in I'll update the post with pics and whatnot.















