Logitech G11 problem. :(

KuNai

EGO Zealot
Joined
Sep 3, 2008
Messages
1,922
Just got a G11, but it won't really work. While my PC is booting up, the keyboard's fine, and I can toggle num, caps, and scroll lock on and off, along with the keyboard's light.

But then, when my computer gets to my desktop, it stops responding. Anyone know why, and the solution to this problem? It works just fine on my brother's computer..I'm using the CD's drivers if that helps.

It ALWAYS works when it's starting up, it somehow disables itself when it reaches my desktop..

Help?

(Typed this up on my old Logitech PS/2 keyboard)
 
Some motherboards have a toggle option in regards to USB keyboards. If I remember correctly, the G11 (and the G15) are both USB keyboards.

Go into your BIOs under the peripheral options and toggle "USB Keyboard" to on. It should fix your problem.

If thats not it, I'll look into it further. But whenever my USB keyboard no longer works, it;s because that option isn't on.
 
I just checked my BIOs, there was not anything concerning USB keyboards, except for USB Legacy which was already enabled. It works just fine on my younger brother's computer, and it's a Pentium 4 and AGP 8X only mobo. Mine's a bit newer and I don't know what's going on..T_T
If you look more into it, it'll be greatly appreciated. :)
 
I have a G11 too, great keyboard IMO.

Uninstall any and all drivers for the keyboard, and any other keyboards you can find in the device manager and the add/remove programs list.

Then, boot the computer up with the keyboard not plugged in.

Then when booted up all the way connect the keyboard to the USB port - reinstall.

Another question: Are you using a USB hub of any kind? Or plugging directly into the PC?
 
I am plugging it directly into the PC, and I'll get to uninstalling its drivers now. Thanks for the helps guys!
 
I have a G15 and a similar problem. In the BIOS the keyboard (and mouse, both USB) are off, so I couldn't access the BIOS or RAID setup at all (which was a BIG problem when trying to fix the latter). I finally had to yank it and plug in an old PS2 keyboard to get repairs underway.

. .and actually, I don't miss the G15. I rarely if ever used the LCD readout, the keys lighting up weren't so useful, either. The overhead in background tasks and (rare) incompatability with some games . . . I don't know if I'll ever reinstall the Logitech.
 
TenGHz, I cannot express my thanks. This keyboard works now. Thank you everyone!
 

Latest posts

Back
Top