8600GT vs. HD 3470 (nVidia vs. ATi)

Killa

Forum Fanatic
Joined
Apr 28, 2007
Messages
973
So, as the title says, I would like to know which card is better; the nVidia 8600 GT or the ATi HD 3470. I'm going to build a new laptop, and I'm asking those who have it or know a lot about it to give me some feedback, good or bad. Thanks a million!
 
I'm running a desktop with 2 8600GT's... Running very smooth, Can't tell you anything about the laptop version... But I think you should go with the 3470 (Based on benchmarks)
 
I run the 8600GT, and it's OK, but from what I have heard the 3470 is a better card. $$$ being the same, go for the 3470.
 
i have a 8600gt in my laptop, plays all source games at 60fps at maxed out @ 1280x800
 
3870 is waaay better than the 8600GT. It could be even better than the 8800GT to some
 
You don't know me though >:(

Well, FYI, the 8600GT or the 3470 aren't going to fit. There's physically not enough room for a laptop to be feasible with it. There's special mobile versions of those cards that aren't for sale for the average consumer (that I know of).

~Gooda~
 
Well, FYI, the 8600GT or the 3470 aren't going to fit. There's physically not enough room for a laptop to be feasible with it. There's special mobile versions of those cards that aren't for sale for the average consumer (that I know of).

~Gooda~

there is a mobile version of the 8600GT... not sure about 3470 tough
 
there is a mobile version of the 8600GT... not sure about 3470 tough

Me said:
Well, FYI, the 8600GT or the 3470 aren't going to fit. There's physically not enough room for a laptop to be feasible with it. There's special mobile versions of those cards that aren't for sale for the average consumer (that I know of).

~Gooda~
 
I know my Ati Radeon HD 2600XT is almost equivalent to a 8600GT so I'm going for the 3470.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top