Crysis + Vista 32 = Need help

frap

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Jun 12, 2008
Messages
2,032
Hello everyone,

I just recently installed Vista Home Premium 32 Bit with Service Pack one about a week ago.

I then installed all of my drivers, my music, my games, ext. But, when I installed crysis and ran the game, the sound was all glitchy, laggy, and messed up. So I then decided to look on google for the problem. No help there, except tons of forums of people saying that they have the same problem, without a fix. So I then decided to reinstall my sound card drivers (Realtek ac97 audio)...Did that from the realtek website, and no luck...I then took another option and reinstalled crysis....no luck. I looked on one forums and it said run it administrator mode....no luck. I then tried to set the priority mode to low and below normal...no luck.

My sound just keeps repeating and glitching and being all laggy in Crysis. Does anyone have a fix for this? I would be so glad!
 
First off, What are the specs for your Computer?

Have you updated your graphics card's drivers to the most recent revision?

Is Crysis the ONLY application running while you play it? (that would help as far as CPU usage).

Have you tried running the game at the lowest graphics settings in every area?


Untill I have your computer's specs I have no other suggestions... sorry...


Good luck!
 
I am running an Nvidia 8800GT 512mb VRAM graphics Card
2 Gigs of Corsair Gaming Ram
Single core AMD SEMPRON 3400+ 2.0GHz Processor
and with Realtek ac97 onboard sound

Yes I have upgraded my graphics card drivers to the newest non-beta version. The beta version kept crashing crysis on my xp.

Yes Crysis is the only application running.

Yes I have tried running the game at the lowest settings...still nothing.

Thanks.
 
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm have you tried on game putting down graphics or something
( /\ my tech knowledge lol )
l
l
 
Get a new processor. With my experience, mixing old tech with new tech is a poisonous cocktail.
 
my uncle has a computer almost exactly like yours, and the game just lags a bit and it also causes the sound to lag i guess
 
All I can suggest is an upgrade to a dual-core cpu (which would most likely also require a new motherboard, and possibly new RAM as well)...

Crysis requires an AMD Athlon 3200+ for vista, and you have an AMD Sempron 3400+.

The difference between Sempron and Athlon CPUS is that the latter has a higher amount of cache built into it (the cache is a small piece of memory built into the chip) which makes them that much faster and you would normally see a tremendous difference when the computer does powerful calculations such as playing today's 3D games. The Sempron was created to compete against Celeron, and the Athlon was created to compete against the Pentium series.
 
My friend has a very good dual core processor, a 8800GT, and 2GIGs of RAM with vista and still has the same problem as I do. There was also no problem in XP
 
OOOH OOH get the E8400!!!

I have its Stock Clock 3.0 GHz overclocked to 4.3!!! with AIR COOLING!!!! LAWLZZ!! Best Processor!!
 
the computer might be on the farts lol get a sound card for the PCI slot even a cheap 20 buck one try it. It fixed my Crysis sound problems.
 
Alright, well for xmas or maybe before ill end up getting a quad core, and see if that fixes it.

My friends dad has a 8800GT 512mb VRAM and a AMD Quad Core Phenom and his doesn't have sound issues.

But, my friend has the same sound issue with a PCI Sound card and a dual core processor. Not really sure why.

We also both use different install discs, so don't think its that.
 
Have you updated the game? Installed all the new patches?

Edit:
If not, do that, I think the sound issue was something they fixed in one of the patches.
 
I think your RAM may be your problem. Vista takes a LOT of RAM and I have problems with Crysis as well. Go un-fullscreen and see what your task manager says.
 
OOOH OOH get the E8400!!!

I have its Stock Clock 3.0 GHz overclocked to 4.3!!! with AIR COOLING!!!! LAWLZZ!! Best Processor!!

Sort of a useless comment, he has an AMD rig. Getting an E8400 would require a new motherboard.

I think your RAM may be your problem. Vista takes a LOT of RAM and I have problems with Crysis as well. Go un-fullscreen and see what your task manager says.

Vista itself doesn't take up a lot of RAM, SuperFetch does. It preloads programs into your RAM so they load faster when you want to use them. When you do run that program, it throws everything else out that it had been preloading and focuses on the task ahead.

~Gooda~
 

Latest posts

Back
Top