TF2 Randomly minimizes

Clarko

Forum Fiend
Joined
Aug 8, 2008
Messages
737
Well I have had this problem recently with the game minimizing itself randomly. At first I thought it was Rocketdock but after shutting it down it still continues. not over and over again but once in a while.Some have said it make by AV software but bit defender is set up for game mode so it should do anything. Other things i have running is windowblinds. That would be my second guess as to what is causing the problem. My last resort is to wipe out the game and reinstall but it happens with other games too. I am thinking it would be the video drives. they are up to date but i think i might need to wipe and re install.
 
Well, before you go to that trouble, has this always happened, or has it been since installing some sort of program?

Since you're seeing it in all your games, then my suggestion would be to turn off all that background software when you're playing (i.e. your anti-virus, rocketdock, windowblinds, and anything else that may be eating up system resources). It may just be that all that software up in the background is chewing up too much RAM, so your games drop to desktop when your computer can't handle the load anymore. There shouldn't be any risk in turning off your AV while you're playing your game.
 
Recomendation, just let your computer sit in the game for a few minutes and see if it does it.

Im thinking it's a button on your keyboard... but I may be wrong, what kind of keyboard do you have?
 
This happened to me before.. do this do to ur steam directory C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/ team fortress 2, delete the folder and restart steam and your computer. If it doesnt work try deleteing clientregistry.blob
 
okay well i know its not the ram. i have 4 gigs even though xp only pick up 3 of it. I thought it could be the keyboard Mr.awesome. I have a g15 first gen. and I thought maybe it was starting to give out on me.

specialist all you have to say is install tf2 lol. that will be my last resort but i was playing last night without windowblinds and i think that was the root of the problem. i still need to test it out
 

Latest posts

Back
Top