New Build

Blindsfell

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
May 14, 2007
Messages
3,554
So for the first time I am going to build my own pc. I have upgraded and helped builed other ones in the past but not the whole thing. I'm hoping my friend Morbid will help me out over vent with it as he did with Ronnie. Anyway here it is:
http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/P...shListNumber=7751171&WishListTitle=Blindsfell

Tell me what you guys think. I REALLY love it. The price is about 1,000 with the O.S. Now I can give my brother this dell ^_^. I am still going to use my logitech premium headset, logitech G5 mouse, and Logitech G15 keyboard. The 8800 GT is so clean and the case is the best part. Anything not gonna run? P.S. I am going to buy vist 64 bit ultimate from either Fry's or Best Buy...
 
Last edited:
Er..no NewEgg account, so i cant see what parts you've picked. Any chance of just posting a quick list of what you chose? :o
 
Mm..i would suggest swapping the nForce shipset for an Intel one; P35/P45...but im guessing you're thinking of SLI in the future. But your monitor's only a 19inch, max res of 1280 x 1024. Any dual card solution would be a waste.

Have you looked at the HIS Hightech HD4850? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161235

$175, only an extra $25 from your 8800GT, but with a better all-round performance. Should also last maybe an extra year longer than the 8800GT.

Only real change i'd make is swap the Rosewill out for an Antec EA650 650W ATX12V Ver.2.2 ($70) - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371015

or

PC Power & Cooling Silencer PPCS500 500W ATX12V ($80) - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817703015

I dunno. Up to you. Your PC. :p
 
Last edited:
I agree with Hardhat... go with a P45 based motherboard (I built my wife's using a ~$100 Gigabyte that has been fantastic!)... then drop the sound card (the mobo has onboard sound that is fine)... and do yourself a favor and spend the $$$ you save on upgrading your monitor to at least a 22" (the Acer or benQ brands are pretty nice! and will only cost you ~$200 total) and step up to the 4870.

And ditch the Rosswill PSU... I heard too many bad things about them... I like PC Power and Cooling or OCZ (actually they are the same company now). I run a 700W OCZ StealthXstream and my wife runs a 600W of the same model...
 
looks like a decent machine but I agree with I-Die-Often ditch the rosewill PSU and get a PC Power & Cooling,
 
I have the mobo actually and its okay. There are OC features but I havent been able to figure them out and using the asus program does not work. It makes my pc not boot up. I am not doing SLI so im good there. I don't regret buying the motherboard but im sure there was something better I could get. Talking about the chipsets like the other members were is where I get lost. If you can reply as to why those chipsets are better I can better understand the subject. Thank you.
 
Good to see you're getting the PC P and C PSU...thats a mouthful. :p

Happy building. :)
 

Latest posts

Back
Top