Bought a video card, no there's no sound.

2 F 4 B P

Active Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2008
Messages
363
Well, I bought a ATI HD2600XT and installed all the drivers but there's a problem, my sound is gone. I have no audio on my computer what so ever and the audio driver is missing. I thought I messed up on something so I did a System Restore, so I did it and my audio was back, I put in my video card again and re-installed the drivers and now the sound it is gone again.

Can anyone help me out on this? I am really stressing because I've been looking for a solution for 5 hours already and I just end up in a dead end. !argh
 
Well, I went to the setup menu (F1 for HP Pavilions) at the startup.

I went to "Advanced" and went to the onboard sound card setup and enabled it instead of leaving it at automatic.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top