My New Rig

Deathscythe

EGO Addict
Joined
Aug 19, 2007
Messages
1,245
Bought everything today from newegg

Subtotal: $1,381.38
Tax: $99.39
UPS Ground: $38.37
Order Total: $1,519.14

Thanks Wally for helping me out

case.png

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146047

mobo.png

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138122

psupply.png

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139006

gfxcard.png

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102769

processor.png

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115017

ramsticks.png

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227289

hdd.png

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148262

keyboardandmouse.png

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823126007

dvdburner.png

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827136149

VistaU.png

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116473

thermpaste.png

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835100007

aircooler.png

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835186134
 
Last edited:
The only change i would've made is replace that P43 BioStar motherboard with a P45 chip from either Gigabyte or Asus...that way, at least you've got the option of CrossFire in the future. Might've been an extra 20 or 30 bucks, but would be worth the extra expenses.

Oh well, your pc, your choice. :)
 
The only change i would've made is replace that P43 BioStar motherboard with a P45 chip from either Gigabyte or Asus...that way, at least you've got the option of CrossFire in the future. Might've been an extra 20 or 30 bucks, but would be worth the extra expenses.

Oh well, your pc, your choice. :)

yeah I don't really care much for doing the 2 card thing or over clocking but this is a big step in pc parts for me in a while
 
That's pretty good man. I've been thinking about maybe upgrading to a GTX 260 soon w/ a new power supply.
 
Hey Cryptex let me tell you I have a XFX 260 GTX the OC ed. and its awsome. It is my first vid card that is top of the series. I could have gotten a 280 but did not want to fork out the extra cash and use it towards other things. It runs everything so smooth. Hardly take a hit on fps except crysis on realistic. It runs ok but hey I looked at the changes from high to realistic and its alot. I went with nvidia because since they acquired Ageia, their most recent cards can get a driver update to handle physic processing in games than your CPU so it lessens the load on the CPU for more power. Also the ATI cards seem to be hotter and consume more power @ idle over nvidia cards.
 
Bah, shoulda come to me!

Woulda swapped that 250GB for a WD 640GB AAKS....

G.Skill DDR2-1000 instead of the OCZ stuff, heard nothing but bad things lately.

I would have gotten a P45, but to each his own, especially if you're not running a crossfire rig. At least it has ICH10...

~Gooda~
 
Bah, shoulda come to me!

Woulda swapped that 250GB for a WD 640GB AAKS....

G.Skill DDR2-1000 instead of the OCZ stuff, heard nothing but bad things lately.

I would have gotten a P45, but to each his own, especially if you're not running a crossfire rig. At least it has ICH10...

~Gooda~

This is a good machine for his first one he'll be building. I even asked if he wanted to do crossfire and he said no. What we picked out together is a good machine for him. It will be a big jump in performance for him. He's going to love it, especially going up to a quad-core, 4GBs of ram and a 4870. :)
 
Yes, but he could have saved $40 on the RAM and gotten a better pair of sticks and warranty. The WD 640GB AAKS is a few bucks more, but makes up for it in speed and capacity.

Motherboard doesn't really matter, like I said, but the P45 still is a bit faster than the P43. It will do him well though.

~Gooda~
 

Latest posts

Back
Top