Turning off in-game HUD?

xenophek

Forum Fiend
Joined
Jul 18, 2008
Messages
735
I'm trying to turn off my HUD in Team Fortress 2 and the part that displays kills, but I don't know how to do this. I saw a "tutorial" on YouTube where a sniper did that to remove his scope, but I'm not wanting that.

I'm trying to remove the junk so I can film some in-game action that looks decent. Preferably before tonight's event, but it's not the end of the world.
 
Yeah, i've been trying to search a command as well, and im sure its possible, but unfortunately, i dont know how. If anyone knows i would appreciate a post as well :)
 
I probably know the answer to this, but do you think I'd get booted if I went spectator in a special event, even for only a little bit?
 
HUD On/Off

Posted by Bolange

Q. Is there anyway to turn the HUD on or off for use in a script?

A. cl_hud_minmode set to "1" will give you a minimalist HUD view, you can also set this by going to your Options->Multiplayer. If you want to completely remove all HUD items though, you can use the commands cl_drawhud 0 to remove the HUD and r_drawviewmodel 0 to remove the gun (useful for screenshots), but Valve seem to have now classed these commands as cheats so they can only be used when sv_cheats is set to "1" --Aurora 01:00, 22 November 2007 (BST)

OP: http://tf2wiki.net/wiki/Scripting_Faq

Therefore, record a demo, play the demo... and type these console commands in: cl_drawhud 0 and if you want to get rid of the weapon r_drawviewmodel 0

All of that info can be found by googling: Disable HUD TF2 (edit)
 
Last edited:
oh dangit i guess i was to late to post that but oh well hope it helps... good job MrAwesome
 
if you want to take things off like hlstats kills you can also type hlx in chat and do it through the menu there.

you can't take HUD off through this but you can take off the kill messages.
 
Thanks people, you've all been really helpful. You can see the video I made in the Scrim/Event Info section, titled "Monday Madness video.

Thanks a bunch!
 
Back
Top